“Actually a nice stay”

Echuca Motel
Echuca Motel
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Echuca
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Was a bit wary after reading many reviews, but this was quite a nice place to stay for a good price.
Basic facilities but its all I needed. The stay was really only needed for the bed and breakfasts.
Bed was fine, quite comfortable. Bathrooms I was impressed with - nice shower and decent pressure and temperature.
The managers were friendly & helpful when I spoke to them.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim_E_76

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here for one night with my daughter. The room was clean and comfortable, but very dark even with the lights on. Even there is free wifi, the owner did warn us that the reception is not good in the room we had and he was correct. We had to take our iPads down to the pool area to get reception. Not a major issue. I've read previous reviews about the owner being rude, but I found him ok. Not a great conversationalist but okay. Overall, I'd say this is good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2014

If you want rudeness and a grunt from questions or no answers from a manager,this is the place.
Such a beautiful setting of a swimming pool with rockery and ferns and palm trees.ruined by the non existent communication skills of the manager.
When checking out I was confronted with"You haven't Paid".I was shocked and upset; as Echuca is an ideal holiday destination with so much to see and do.It is so picturesque,and the paddlesteamers cruising the Murray are special. I work hard and want a motel where I can relax and unwind with civility & friendliness.I am still shaking hours after departure.A waste of my money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
12  Thank alan9999
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I can reconmend this place especially if your out exploring all day and night. The bed is comfy and didn't make my skin itch like other places have, bathroom is clean, room is big enough for two adults to get ready for the next day of exploring.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank missymee4
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Wished I read the reviews first. If you are looking for a cheap night - that's fine......but I'm not sure the owner can speak as I was greeted with a "look" and a grunt & "1 car parking space". The photos of the rooms are NOT what ours looked like at all. Very very basic rooms. Clean bathroom though. Pool was great as it was warm & we had 2 little ones. A miles or more away from the shops too. Other than that not much to speak off. Will not visit again.

Room Tip: Definitely budget style here
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Blythe V
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel and did not find it very enjoyable. When I arrived at the reception I was greeted with not much more than a grunt and that was about as good as it got. The majority of our fly screens were broken or had holes so we could not let any air in and the room was thus very stuffy. The bathroom window flyscreen was also broken and was a ventilation type setup so basically we showered with many bugs and we permanently had flies in our room and no way of stopping this from happening. We would not recommend and would not go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank c e
Reviewed 20 February 2012

An older motel that is clean and well priced. So why get GRUMPY?
All my daughter wanted to do was to check in around 12 o'clock, so that she could get changed to go to a wedding.
No way... The rooms arn't cleaned till 2 pm. You will have to book the room the day before!!
What would prompt such greedy, poor behaviour. Well there was a jazz festival in town that weekend so they knew there was very few alternatives.

Ain't humans a wonderfull breed, ...............Never Mind