“Heaven Away from Home”
other travellers have booked this property
Bedroom 2 Bedroom 3
Swimming precinct at Eastern Beach
sailing on the bay
well behaved pets welcome
well behaved pets welcome
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Kathryn T
Werribee, Australia
“Heaven Away from Home”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

We recently had our second visit to Sabina and once again it was absolutely fabulous.

The House itself is lovely and you feel at home the minute you step through the door. Helen makes sure that all of your needs are catered for and the house is in a fantastic location. We were in Geelong for a second family wedding and it was ideal for all of us to get ready for our special occasion and there was ample room for the make-up and hair ladies. It was also an ideal venue for pre-wedding photos.

Thank you so much again Helen and family. We did not want to leave.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Every need was catered for. It was a Home away from Home.
Liked least: Having to leave after our three night stay.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Boronia
Reviewed 8 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Warrnambool
Reviewed 6 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Michelle...
Melbourne, Australia
“Sabina - the complete package of style, comfort and convenience.”
Reviewed 16 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013

We recently spent four nights at Sabina on Little Myers while celebrating our eldest son's wedding. It suited our needs perfectly with all the comforts of a top class hotel but with added space and amenities including a full kitchen and laundry and a pleasant outdoor area to entertain visitors. Location was also perfect - walking distance to the Catholic cathedral where the ceremony took place and not much further to the main shopping and tourist sights of Geelong. We were also able to bring our small dog - a big plus as all of our dogsitters were attending the wedding. We all felt relaxed and pampered for our son's big day, thank-you Helen.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Ability to bring our pet
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
maxandspo...
Australia
“If you have to stay in Geelong, this is the place to stay”
Reviewed 17 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

My husband, teenage daughter and I needed accommodation near the Barwon River and I picked this place for proximity to both the river and the train from Melbourne (walkable from South Geelong station). It is also not far back to Westfield / shops although you would probably take a car down to the Esplanade.

I was initially hesitant, due to allergies, to stay somewhere that takes pets and I thought the tariff also looked potentially high, in the absence of a lot of photos. In hindsight I can say I agree with the other reviews I have read on this property - it was very much worth it. I can only assume the owners are security conscious and therefore have not plastered photos all over the internet.

The property has three bedrooms which, for our stay, were configured as two king beds and one twin bedroom. The house itself is a well-maintained Victorian period home and is a great combination of style and modernity e.g. plantation shutters and fly screens exist but are tasteful. The bathroom and kitchen fittings are all very modern and the furnishings are generally sympathetic to the style of the house. Clean sheets and good quality towels were in abundance and the kitchen had every utensil you could possibly ever need. The place was pristinely clean throughout and the grounds of the garden were neatly manicured. Nothing looks as though it is left to chance.

My daughter had significant study to do the weekend we stayed and made good use of the internet (wifi included in tariff). I think she also appreciated the chocolates and biscuits that came ready-stocked in the house (along with cereal, bread and milk, two-fruits etc)! There is conditioner and shampoo in the bathrooms and even fluffy robes and slippers available for guest use - as per a hotel stay. There is a decent hairdryer in each of the bathrooms (one ensuite; one central) along with a spa bath large enough for two people in the central bathroom.

Dealing with the owner was easy. I made contact through the website (search for "Sabina on Little Myers") and they responded by e-mail swiftly and were very flexible with our arrival time and late check out. Both the deposit and final balance payments were transacted without any problems.

I read somewhere the gate to the backyard was problematic? We didn't find it difficult at all. In fact we thought it was great to be able to padlock it shut for security. The only thing I found too much hassle to bother with was the garage itself. This involved removing two screwdrivers prior to releasing the door, which was okay, but putting them back again afterwards wasn't quite so easy as the door doesn't shut so well without "encouragement". We left our car at the rear of the property behind the locked gate (in front of the garage) and didn't bother with the garage.

Our only "complaint" (it's minor) is that I don't think the owners have checked the use by dates on the packets of cereal in the pantry for a while. I probably wouldn't have noticed but my teenager picked up that only one had not yet expired; a minor issue as there was bread / toast and a range of jams / spreads supplied with fruit. We certainly appreciated the decent coffee (and range of teas) in the cupboard.

I am not sure whether the house takes "young" children or not. It has a secure backyard and BBQ area so it is suited for families in that sense. The open plan kitchen / dining at the rear of the property is really the only internal gathering area in the house. The lounge at the front of the house is more suited to watching TV and / or a conversation space.

If you need a 3 bedroom house in Geelong, and it's in your budget, stay here. If I needed to stay in Geelong with my family again, this is certainly where I'd book. Highly recommended.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Loved the cleanliness, the modern bathrooms and kitchen and the Victorian house
Liked least: Skipped over the cereal with an expired use by date and found the garage a bit unwieldy
Travelling group: Other
People with pets
MichaelBe...
Bendigo
“Spacious,well appointed,beautifully presented, quiet location and close to City”
Reviewed 16 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Beautifully restored and renovated Victorian style dwelling in a quiet street close to the city.
The lady owner had thought of everything, even down to stocking the fridge and providing fresh bread so you did not need to scurry round for breakfeast requisites.
We loved the 2 king sized comfortable beds with two separate bathrooms and there was a third bedroom with two single beds.
The kitchen was a lovely size with a great range of cooking utensils. The outlook from the kitchen table into the tasteful back garden was soothing. Having my car locked away in the garage was comforting.
The place was spotless and presented wiith pride and beckoned for you to leave it exactly as you found it.
An enjoyable 5 star retreat.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The fact it was a free standing dwelling, beautifully restored and presented
Liked least: Outlook from front of dwelling was not picturesque
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Safety Beach
Reviewed 4 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;