“My favourite in Geelong, but.”

Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Geelong
Brisbane, Australia
“My favourite in Geelong, but.”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I love this place and is my accommodation of choice in Geelong. Rooms are modern and well equipped. The staff are always awesome, the Salt restaurant is top class and the food great. On this stay I was in room 33, please avoid. In the very early hours of the morning staff (I think) start going in and out of a door that slams shut which is situated straight outside the room, not a good room at all unless you like rising at 5am. Also upstairs downstairs so if you hate stairs ask for down.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 33
Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
BaysideGeelongMgr, General Manager at Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Disboy,
Thank you for your feedback.
I have investigated the noise issue regarding the door near room 33. This is a security door and I have had our maintenance team slow the closing mechanism to stop it closing with a bang. I thank you for bringing this to my attention so I could have the problem resolved.
I appreciate your additional comments regarding the staff and our restaurant, I have passed your comments onto the team.
Quality Hotel Bayside, Geelong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Very polite staff. Lovely recently refurbished room. Clean, quiet. Good aircon. Great location on esplanade to walk along beach ..felt very safe in the facility as a solo female. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear S492014
Thank you for your feedback.
I’m especially pleased to hear you enjoyed one of our refurbished Superior room, it is indeed a big change from when it was an economy room.
Bendigo, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

We travelled from Bendigo to be there for a funeral the next day. We were satisfied with our room for the price and were pleased to have the restaurant as we arrived late. The next morning we enjoyed a walk along the beach.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Nora7040,
Thank you for your comments.
I will be sure to pass your compliments onto the team.
I’m glad you were able to take advantage of the restaurant and the walking paths along the waterfront .
Australia
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed here last weekend in an executive room, just shy of $190 per night. Room was large, bathroom very large, clean and quiet environment. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Pool was a small pokey area but people seemed to be enjoying it in the hot weather. Car parking was off street and although no designated car parking for each room, ample although tight in some spots. Airconditioning worked and was quiet, and plenty of room for the porta cot. Would happily stay again, although for that sort of money would expect breakfast to be included.

Room Tip: We asked for a sea view which wasn't granted.....I'm guessing as our booking was from outsid...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
BaysideGeelongMgr, General Manager at Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear mbm3,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
We appreciate your additional comments regarding the pool, parking, Air-conditioning and breakfast. We often have deals and promotions that include breakfast. We believe that our rooms with complimentary parking and
Wi-Fi represents exceptional value in the Geelong market. The prices do fluctuate on demand and the room you have described does sell for as little as $149.
Whilst we try hard to accommodate guest requests for Bayviews these rooms are listed and sold and are very popular.
Our deals, promotions and Bayview rooms can all be seen on our website, baysidegeelong.com.au.
warrnambool
Reviewed 3 February 2014

On booking in staff were very polite and helpful. Room was large and very clean. Stayed with large group in numerous rooms and everyone was happy with service and room quality.
Had breakfast in restaurant and was pleasantly surprised with the quality and quantity of food.
Will definitely stay her again when in this area.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 46 towards rear of units. Very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
BaysideGeelongMgr, General Manager at Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear jimb0053,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
We welcome all feedback, some of which may not be complimentary and highlights areas we need to improve whilst positive guest comments help inspire the team to excel in customer service.
We appreciate your additional comments regarding breakfast, and have passed your comments to the chef.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Our second stay here during Geelong Week Festival of Sails, and we won’t be returning. We booked accommodation for four nights, and were given what would have to be the worst room in the hotel (room 1). Near the front entrance and kitchen, the moment you stepped in the smell of cigarettes was unbearable for a non smoker. There were holes in the carpet, the bathroom was so old and run down, or the $160 we paid a night, this was 2 star accommodation at best. They shouldn’t be renting out this room at all, or at least reserving it for the last minute 11pm check in guest, not for a returning customer who is staying for 4 nights.

When we told staff we would like to change they said they would first try to air it out (fine – we waited), obviously that didn’t work though so we ended up moving. Room we moved to was much cleaner, however very noisy at night with a seated area next to our room and kids were playing music/drinking there till late.

Upon check out, not only were we not given compensation (I thought we might have been given an upgrade for the trouble in the first instance) but they overcharged us. Although we had explained to the lady at reception upon check in that we only wanted breakfast for 3 out of 4 days, and for 1 person on one of those 3 days, we were charged 2 ppl for 4 mornings. We had to argue our point with a man at check out to get this changed, but still ended up paying for one persons breakfast that we didn’t have. Not worth the fight again.

Cleaning staff were all super lovely.

This is definitely budget, stay here if you just need a room for the night. We didnt leave feeling great about the place though.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hannah C
BaysideGeelongMgr, General Manager at Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Hannah C,
Thank you for your feedback.
We appreciate your comments regarding the room you stayed in. Yes, some of our rooms have not been renovated and are marketed, priced and sold as a 3 1/2 star rooms. We are in the process of fully renovating these rooms and I am sure the difference will be notable. In the interim these rooms have new beds and curtains and enjoy all the facilities of your other rooms.
It is unfortunate that people still break the law and smoke in hotel rooms. Whilst we tried to reduce the impact on you and avoid a room move this was the only suitable outcome. This option was worked on whilst the room was being attended to as due to our high occupancy levels the move required some reshuffling of a number of guests prior to their arrival to provide you with the best outcome available to us at the time.
Our reception is manned 24 hours to act on any complaints regarding issues created by other guests. I am unaware of any complaints made over this period.
Our Bed & breakfast rates are for the duration of the stay and represent a great saving for our guests. The terms of the discount are that the package is for all guests for all nights. I am sorry if this was not fully explained on check-in. My understanding is the breakfasts you claim not to have had were refunded upon check out.

Again I thank you for your feedback and I will workshop this matter with my team to identify how we could have managed the situation differently to ensure your stay was a positive experience.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 January 2014

So I called 2 days ago asking to accommodate for 6 people, I found rooms and I got told certain prices. After taking the approval of my family members, I called again today to confirm and I got told completely different prices for the same rooms. I am very disappointed and I am sure my family would be to. we had our hopes up for this place and now we have no where to go to. I will never recommend booking this place to anyone.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank meero b
BaysideGeelongMgr, General Manager at Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear meero b,
Thank you for your feedback.
Our room rates and availability are subject to change and only by making a booking can the room and rate quoted at the time of inquiry be secured. I will relay your comments to the reservations team to ensure this is communicated to all guests making inquiries.
Thank you again for your comments.
Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong