“For a Function in town” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Geelong
Melbourne, Australia
“For a Function in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed here for a night as we had a function in town.
Rooms were good, reasonably priced. Bed was Comfortable, staff are friendly.
Easy access to get to from Melbourne IN PEAK HOUR TO.
In the morning we had breakfast in the restaurant.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BaysideGeelongMgr, General Manager at Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear Rardes,
Thank you for your comments.
I will be sure to pass your compliments onto the team.
I’m glad you were able to take advantage of the restaurant for breakfast.
Quality Hotel Bayside, Geelong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

The cons
Got given a second floor room, asked for ground floor but said no they were completely booked that night - I checked later, the are not fully booked, heaps of rooms still available on their website.

Don't appreciate being lied too. First receptionist (blonde) was lovely and friendly, second one who lied to me was snooty and not a very good first impression.

Oh and like a previous reviewer said - avoid room 33. The door outside is still noisy and so are the staff.

The pros
Room was clean and well equipped

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear justjude 10,
Thank you for your comments.
I have investigated the issue you have raised. Your reservation was for a Twin Superior room. I am pleased to read that the room suited your needs however there was an issue with the location of the room.
On the day we did not have any twin rooms on the ground floor available making this room type sold out.
I have discussed your comments regarding the staff member’s demeanour as we continually work on improving our customer service.
Thank you again for your feedback.
New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

The location was amazing , and most of the staff were lovely.

When we had a shower the water spilled out onto the floor which was awful because I slipped on it and had to mop the floor up everytime someone had a shower. I told the guy on reception while he was nice about it, they all ready knew and said it was in the plans to get fixed. I think I should have been told about this when I booked in as it really is dangerous.Why book this room out if someone can be hurt I'm just glad I never had children running around. We had trouble with the phone and one of the staff was very unfriendly to my daughter when she phoned for me and told her that I should be ringing her, but we never had cell phones so how did we know to call her, and at the end of the day isn't that why phones are put in the hotel so people can get in touch with you ?

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Raine K
Thank you for your feedback.
We welcome all feedback, some of which may not be complimentary and highlights areas we need to improve whilst positive guest comments help inspire the team to excel in customer service.
I appreciate your additional comments regarding the shower and spa. We have engaged a team to work on how we can resolve the water issue. In the interim we provide additional bath mats to ensure our guests safety from a wet bathroom floor.
I am not aware of any telephone issues and would have appreciated you raising your concerns directly with me so I could investigate the matter with the telephone and the staff member who spoke with your daughter.
Thank you once again.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I love this place and is my accommodation of choice in Geelong. Rooms are modern and well equipped. The staff are always awesome, the Salt restaurant is top class and the food great. On this stay I was in room 33, please avoid. In the very early hours of the morning staff (I think) start going in and out of a door that slams shut which is situated straight outside the room, not a good room at all unless you like rising at 5am. Also upstairs downstairs so if you hate stairs ask for down.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 33
Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
BaysideGeelongMgr, General Manager at Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Disboy,
Thank you for your feedback.
I have investigated the noise issue regarding the door near room 33. This is a security door and I have had our maintenance team slow the closing mechanism to stop it closing with a bang. I thank you for bringing this to my attention so I could have the problem resolved.
I appreciate your additional comments regarding the staff and our restaurant, I have passed your comments onto the team.
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Very polite staff. Lovely recently refurbished room. Clean, quiet. Good aircon. Great location on esplanade to walk along beach ..felt very safe in the facility as a solo female. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear S492014
Thank you for your feedback.
I’m especially pleased to hear you enjoyed one of our refurbished Superior room, it is indeed a big change from when it was an economy room.
Bendigo, Victoria, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

We travelled from Bendigo to be there for a funeral the next day. We were satisfied with our room for the price and were pleased to have the restaurant as we arrived late. The next morning we enjoyed a walk along the beach.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Nora7040,
Thank you for your comments.
I will be sure to pass your compliments onto the team.
I’m glad you were able to take advantage of the restaurant and the walking paths along the waterfront .
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed here last weekend in an executive room, just shy of $190 per night. Room was large, bathroom very large, clean and quiet environment. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Pool was a small pokey area but people seemed to be enjoying it in the hot weather. Car parking was off street and although no designated car parking for each room, ample although tight in some spots. Airconditioning worked and was quiet, and plenty of room for the porta cot. Would happily stay again, although for that sort of money would expect breakfast to be included.

Room Tip: We asked for a sea view which wasn't granted.....I'm guessing as our booking was from outsid...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BaysideGeelongMgr, General Manager at Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear mbm3,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
We appreciate your additional comments regarding the pool, parking, Air-conditioning and breakfast. We often have deals and promotions that include breakfast. We believe that our rooms with complimentary parking and
Wi-Fi represents exceptional value in the Geelong market. The prices do fluctuate on demand and the room you have described does sell for as little as $149.
Whilst we try hard to accommodate guest requests for Bayviews these rooms are listed and sold and are very popular.
Our deals, promotions and Bayview rooms can all be seen on our website, baysidegeelong.com.au.