“Excellent room”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Geelong
Geelong, Australia
“Excellent room”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Situated in a great location, straight across from water front with great views . We stayed one night in a 2 bedroom unit on the ground floor, right at the very front. But didn't notice any noise. Opened front doors and opened up to grassed area ,which was fenced in which was excellent with small child to play around in. Fully equipped kitchen and very clean bathroom with lovely big spa bath, .Small heated outdoor pool, restaurant, and 24 hr reception, with plenty of parking out the back. Lovely spot.

Room Tip: If you what a very large room request front grand floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank marlene h
BaysideGeelongMgr, General Manager at Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear marlene h,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
We welcome all feedback, some of which may not be complimentary and highlights areas we need to improve whilst positive guest comments help inspire the team to excel in customer service.
We appreciate your additional comments about our 2 Bedroom Bayview apartment, the ground floor apartment is ideal for children.
Quality Hotel Bayside, Geelong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
Bettystown, Ireland
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel right on the waterfront. Had a wonderful room (67) on the front looking over the waterfront. Lovely staff and modern clean rooms. Only slight complaint was the food served for both brekkie and dinner was quite cool rather than hot.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear SianMaloney,
Thank you for your comments.
I’m glad you liked our Bayview Family room. We are in the process of renovating the bathrooms in our Bayview rooms to bring them up to our Superior range.
I will be sure to pass your compliments onto the team.
I have discussed your comments regarding the food temperature with the chef and we are reviewing some practices.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed here for a night as we had a function in town.
Rooms were good, reasonably priced. Bed was Comfortable, staff are friendly.
Easy access to get to from Melbourne IN PEAK HOUR TO.
In the morning we had breakfast in the restaurant.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
BaysideGeelongMgr, General Manager at Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear Rardes,
Thank you for your comments.
I will be sure to pass your compliments onto the team.
I’m glad you were able to take advantage of the restaurant for breakfast.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

The cons
Got given a second floor room, asked for ground floor but said no they were completely booked that night - I checked later, the are not fully booked, heaps of rooms still available on their website.

Don't appreciate being lied too. First receptionist (blonde) was lovely and friendly, second one who lied to me was snooty and not a very good first impression.

Oh and like a previous reviewer said - avoid room 33. The door outside is still noisy and so are the staff.

The pros
Room was clean and well equipped

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear justjude 10,
Thank you for your comments.
I have investigated the issue you have raised. Your reservation was for a Twin Superior room. I am pleased to read that the room suited your needs however there was an issue with the location of the room.
On the day we did not have any twin rooms on the ground floor available making this room type sold out.
I have discussed your comments regarding the staff member’s demeanour as we continually work on improving our customer service.
Thank you again for your feedback.
New Zealand
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The location was amazing , and most of the staff were lovely.

When we had a shower the water spilled out onto the floor which was awful because I slipped on it and had to mop the floor up everytime someone had a shower. I told the guy on reception while he was nice about it, they all ready knew and said it was in the plans to get fixed. I think I should have been told about this when I booked in as it really is dangerous.Why book this room out if someone can be hurt I'm just glad I never had children running around. We had trouble with the phone and one of the staff was very unfriendly to my daughter when she phoned for me and told her that I should be ringing her, but we never had cell phones so how did we know to call her, and at the end of the day isn't that why phones are put in the hotel so people can get in touch with you ?

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Raine K
Thank you for your feedback.
I appreciate your additional comments regarding the shower and spa. We have engaged a team to work on how we can resolve the water issue. In the interim we provide additional bath mats to ensure our guests safety from a wet bathroom floor.
I am not aware of any telephone issues and would have appreciated you raising your concerns directly with me so I could investigate the matter with the telephone and the staff member who spoke with your daughter.
Thank you once again.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I love this place and is my accommodation of choice in Geelong. Rooms are modern and well equipped. The staff are always awesome, the Salt restaurant is top class and the food great. On this stay I was in room 33, please avoid. In the very early hours of the morning staff (I think) start going in and out of a door that slams shut which is situated straight outside the room, not a good room at all unless you like rising at 5am. Also upstairs downstairs so if you hate stairs ask for down.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 33
Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
BaysideGeelongMgr, General Manager at Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Disboy,
Thank you for your feedback.
I have investigated the noise issue regarding the door near room 33. This is a security door and I have had our maintenance team slow the closing mechanism to stop it closing with a bang. I thank you for bringing this to my attention so I could have the problem resolved.
I appreciate your additional comments regarding the staff and our restaurant, I have passed your comments onto the team.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Very polite staff. Lovely recently refurbished room. Clean, quiet. Good aircon. Great location on esplanade to walk along beach ..felt very safe in the facility as a solo female. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear S492014
Thank you for your feedback.
I’m especially pleased to hear you enjoyed one of our refurbished Superior room, it is indeed a big change from when it was an economy room.