“Good Value”

Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Geelong
central victoria
“Good Value”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I knew exactly what to expect from this Motel (as in being a touch dated) but it was clean,quiet,comfortable,access to outside balcony and a decent size TV and great Pay Tv channels. Close to everything in the CBD. I was comfortable and had a fabo night's sleep. Thank you

Room Tip: Be real about what you are getting for your buck. Most Motels in the price range are older and you d...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kerry m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

After reading other reviews we were a little anxious about our stay. Easy to find & so close to Westfield shopping centre. Check-in was fast & friendly. Room was clean & comfortable, yes it is dark but ok once you get used to it. Bathroom was fine, bed comfortable & pillow choice was perfect. Walking distance to Eastern beach, perfect place for a family holiday, close to restaurants too. Hosts were friendly & helpful during our 2 night stay. Would recommend to anyone visiting Geelong.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nzsmith
Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed here knowing it was a budget hotel but this took it to a whole new limit. We stayed on a long weekend so we paid $220 a night! It was a small, dirty very old room. The bathroom was so dirty we chose not to shower as a cleaner option.
As for the staff they were extremely rude. There was negtiating the check in at 2pm or the check out at 10am SHARP. They then proceeded to take money off my credit card without asking or without my permission for an extra guess who visited but did not stay. I have never stayed in a hotel with such appauling service. They were damn right rude especially for a hotel that is so extremely overpriced.
I would never reccommend to anyone to stay in this hotel, nor would I ever stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank shan443

Travellers are raving about these Geelong hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 December 2013

The room was pretty small, all of the fittings and décor were very old and outdated. everything was brown. there was a fair bit of dust. there were two bedside lamps, but no light-bulbs in either one. way overpriced.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Marcus L
Nowra, Australia
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We knew it was a budget motel, but threadbare towels with holes in them? And the spider under the pillow wasn't good either. After my husband had a shower, he walked barefoot on the carpet and his feet got dirty! YUKK! The saving grace was that it was walking distance to town, restaurants, the waterfront, and free parking. The staff welcome could have been better too. Will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Try for one with decent towels and no spiders,. Good luck with that!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ippy47
Hamilton, VIC, Australia
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed here with my partner for two nights because his father in law went into cardiac arrest and was flown to the Geelong hospital to be stabalised.

The location was good, close to the hospital which was handy.

We stayed in Room 3 and there was no exhaust fan for the bathroom causing mould and there was no drain on the floor of the bathroom to capture excess water. I found the edge of a condom wrapper under the bed. We didn't receive fresh towels after the first night and our bed was not made. When I questioned the woman about this after check-out she replied "Well, do you make your own bed at home?". I don't pay money to stay at home and make my own bed, I pay money to stay in a motel.

We were accused of tearing a curtain which is not possible as we lowered the main curtain when we got there, and then raised it when we checked out. We were charged on the credit card and was not provided an invoice, nor was I advised that there was a charge on my card.

The woman asked why I stayed two nights and I went to tell her about what had happened to my father-in-law but she had hung up on me before I was able to explain. As seen on these reviews, asking why people stay an extra night seems to be a common theme.

We ended up getting a cabin with a huge spa and recliners for the same price so I don't believe that it was good value for money.

The location however was good, I will say that. I'm disappointed at how this turned out as we will be going back and forth between Geelong at least twice a week for the next month and a half.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank cactuar10
Pam W, Owner at Bay City(Geelong) Motel, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
the curtain had a half a metre rip in it when the guest left, we did not accuse as intentional, the curtain had to be replaced, as for the room being dirty, the guest stayed one night booked through wotif and stayed the next night directly with us so if the room had have been as stated, i would not have stayed the first night let alone the second.
Warnambool
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We found the service fantastic and very friendly.
After running late - beyond our control - we finally made it and were greeted by an understanding owner. We were also lucky enough to be upgraded to a deluxe suite. The room was very clean and comfortable.
Will definitely stay at this motel again!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sunlover Holidays

1 Thank Melanie K
Thank you for your kind review, hope to see you next time you are in town.