“Quality steak in a fancy pub setting”
Review of Lord of the Isles

Lord of the Isles
Ranked #59 of 503 Restaurants in Geelong
Price range: US$17 - US$22
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Booked a table for three on a quiet Friday for slightly earlier lunch. I'm sure the atmosphere in there would be a lot louder at capacity but we almost had the place to ourselves.
I'm a fan of steak.... I wanted to try the extended aged scotch fillet but it wasn't available due to limited supply, so I went with the regular option and was not disappointed.
It's nice to read some information about the Tasmanian beef farming and where the tavern gets their produce from.
My friends had the chicken parmigiana and the seafood linguinie and we were all pretty satisfied with our meals and far too full for dessert.... which is usually a good sign!
I'll be back again to sample the extended dry age steak options.... I've only been around the area less than 12 months so I guess I have a few more places to try, but at this point I believe it is the best venue for a steak in Geelong.

1  Thank LeahB1

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely meal a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday night. The steaks were cooked to our liking and the meat share platter was delicious! We had a couple of glasses of wine over dinner, as well as lemon meringue tart for dessert!
We were served by Brad- he was fantastic! Very helpful indeed!
We will definitely return for dinner again!!!!

1  Thank knidanni
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

First visit & definitely won't be the last. Excellent service (Riley was excellent), beautiful decor & atmosphere and seriously great tucker! . Haven't tasted a porterhouse like the one on our 'share' plate for years - bought back beautiful memories. Downside - hmmm.....having my husbands chair facing the live Friday night football tv.

1  Thank CoastalTraveller1
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Overall, a thumbs up from me. The only negative comment I would make is that I get the impression that it is trying to present itself as being more upmarket than it really is. I'm not fussed at all that it's not a fine dining experience but those expecting that could end up being disappointed.

Good food with a more extensive menu than a usual pub bistro, very good service - friendly and quick - and pleasant, if a little dark, surroundings. Having a dedicated car park just across the road, which always has a spot for most lunch times anyway, is a bonus for what is almost inner city Geelong.

Don't be taken in by all the advertising and expect this to be a sophisticated gastropub. It's not, but none the worse for that.

Recommended.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Ate there with some friends and we were all underwhelmed by the meal and the price. Food was average and expensive. Good selection of wines and good service. I had lamb cutlets which were tuff and for $38 had to pay additional for some greens which were very nice but for another $9 it made it an expensive meal. Didn't go there by choice and won't be going back again unless I have to.