“Great Place To Stay”

Bamboo Motor Inn
Bamboo Motor Inn
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Lakes Entrance
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Conveniently located close to everything without the noise. Rooms are clean and spacious. Owner is warm and friendly. I would definitely stay here again if I'm in this part of the world in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Bamboo Motor Inn

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Mid-week stay at Lakes. Unfortunately it was raining. The owner put us up in a back room. Very quiet. For the price, it was value for money. Across the road from the jetty, with boats, bird life, still water and floating restaurants. Sort stroll up the road to more places to eat. Not far from place to book boat trips. Laundry was done for us, folded and put back in our room.

Room Tip: Ask for a back room away from the Esplanade traffic noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I found the room to be very clean and no musty smells. I found management to be very willing to oblige my needs. I would highly recommend there breakfast, very tasty and on time to room service. I highly recommend Bamboo Motor Inn, and I am looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank John K
john B, Owner at Bamboo Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you for your review . It is great to know when we have met and hopefully exceeded your expectations . If nothing else our product is clean straightforward and never oversold . We would like more guests to try our breakfasts as we also try to provide good value in everything we provide. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here a night, and found it to be a clean and tidy room. The bed wasn't as comfortable as could be, but everything else was great. A continental breakfast included in the price was appreciated, especially since it was a two night minimum stay, but we got it for one night and a cheaper price. Conveniently located, we highly recommend to the discerning traveller.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
john B, Owner at Bamboo Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for your review . We listen to our guests and where possible take action . It is hoped you will be able to stay with us again.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Australia is an expensive destination for foreign tourists and the Bamboo Motor Inn was excellent value for a pit stop to indulge in associations of American motels from the movies and TV. As a place to rest for a night as part of a driving tour as we were from Melbourne to the Great Alpine Road, I recommend it without reservations.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
john B, Owner at Bamboo Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for your positive review as an American tourist . Approximately one third of our guests are from overseas many from the US and Canada as well as China, Singapore, Europe, South America and New Zealand We make every effort to provide clean straight forward accommodation with good free internet access and helpful advice on eating choice and local amenities. It is hoped that you will take home happy memories of Australia and your stay in Lakes Entrance

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I booked through Wotif with no issue: upon arrival I was pleased with the courtesty of the attendant and the cleanliness of our room - which was very quiet despite a reasonable number of bookings for the night. Good price and no hassles!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
john B, Owner at Bamboo Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for your review. We do our best to meet all reasonable expectations and continue to make every effort to achieve this for every guest . Please visit us again .

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed here 1 night on the way back from a recent trip to Batemans Bay, as we were travelling with newborn twins it was just a overnight stay to breakup the trip and make it a little easier to feed etc. Place was exactly what you would expect for $79 a night and didn't expect any more, place was clean and tidy, unfortunately thats where the postivies end. When we checked into the motel I told the owner I was travelling with twins, he wasn't impressed as I hadn't mentioned this on the notes of the online booking, he let it go and said just make sure the extra beds in the room aren't used or there is an extra charge. Went to check out the next day and was told we had an extra charge of $16 for the twins that weren't disclosed as he had checked with the online booking provider and no notes were made apparently. I accepted and moved on as I had bigger concerns to worry about with twins waiting in the car with my wife. Once we got home I checked the booking conditions and it stated under 1yr children are free, exactly why I thought it wouldn't be a problem with the room we booked. I then made contact with the owner to raise my concerns, not to get my money back as the biggest priority but more so the misleding information on the website etc. I also mentioned I wanted to give him the chance to explain what happened before I wrote a review, but all I got was attitude from the owner, and that is why I feel compelled to write this review anyway.

We've stayed in many hotels in the world from the cheapest to very expensive and have never come across so many conditions written on a wall of a motel room, I would be very careful staying here because if you put a foot wrong you will be charged extra, we didn't use any of the other beds in the room and I've never ever come across an extra charge to use beds that are already in a room, cheap hotel or not.

So inclusion, I would look elsewhere and even pay extra for an overnight stay in Lakes Entrance than ever going back to this motel, I have been in retail myself for the last 20yrs and currently working for a major organisation as customer insights manager and understand people try to take businesses for a ride at times, maybe many of the rules of the hotel have been made up from issues occuring, but if you have to make people feel that they've done something wrong and not feel welcoming by setting so many rules then maybe this owner is in the wrong business.

Note: The owner did offer to refund the $16 (still waiting) but gave us attitude and accused me of threatening to write a review.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank andrew c
john B, Owner at Bamboo Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

It is always regretted if one responds incorrectly to a situation , but in mitigation I was advised that a special request had been made through Agoda in respect of the extra occupancy which proved to be incorrect.
At check in we immediately gave the guest a complimentary $40 room upgrade to a family suite. When initially discussed with Agoda they stated it was in order to charge the guest.for the extra occupancy The guest rightly pointed out that the Agoda site information states that children under 2 are free so a refund was given - to suggest you are still waiting for a refund is incorrect.

It is difficult to comprehend that when travelling stressfully with two babies that a parent would not pick up the phone to discuss and confirm if their specific -unusual- requirements could be satisfied.