“Up and coming, vibrant cafe.”
Review of Funkey Monkey Cafe

Funkey Monkey Cafe
Price range: US$4 - US$22
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Winner of East Gippsland Business Awards for People's Choice 2011. The most modern, new and unique cafe in town. A family friendly cafe bakery offering a large range Cakes, Pastries, Focacciaas as well as a full Breakfast and Lunch Menu. Grab some coffee and cake and wander down to the beach. All our products are made on the premisses. We also can cater for any function. Open 7 days a week. Come in and meet our frindly monkey family. Turn left at the traffic lights off the main road, and you are sure to be delighted.
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Went to the Funkey Monkey this morning for breakfast on a recommendation.
Very nice cafe, great decor and very busy. Very inviting. I did find I was a bit crampt, the tables are very close together. Also got the feeling the waitstaff were new or maybe just a little stressed this morning- but they are the only negatives.

Food was quick and beautifully presented! My husband and I both had the big breakfasts, which were very tasty! Coffee was great, which I was very pleased about as its often hard to find!

I believe the cafe had recently been taken over and I believe they will do very well. It's worth a stop in!

1  Thank StephC7
FunkeyMonkeyCafe, Owner at Funkey Monkey Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your review and feed back. My husband and I took over in February and are continuing improvements with staff. We hope your next experience is even better

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Had 2 experiences with previous owners. Both really ordinary one bordering on terrible. New owners now and a real chef who can cook what you ask for. You even get tea and coffee in crockery cups instead of take away cups as the previous owner was too tight to pay for a dishwasher. No wonder they sold.

We are glad you came in to give us another go as I see previously you have visited. I am happy that you got to enjoy the experience better this time.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I like my coffee and this place did not disapoint. Food was of very high standard. I ordered the seafood bisque which was just beautiful. The biggest let down was from the inexperienced floor staff. But the food was delicious

Thank you for your review we are constantly trying to improve our teams customer service, we do hope your next experience is a little better

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We loved sitting outside in the sun at this restaurant. They also opened bi fold doors inside to give more air on a hot day. Very popular you have to be quick for morning coffee.
Chai Spiced Latte is to die for. Best ones I've ever had.
Staff efficient and willing to please. Will return when passing down that way again.

1  Thank Barbara N

Thank you for your review, we wish to see you again and hope your next experience is as good as our first thank you

Reviewed 11 March 2014

New Owners:- young couple - exceptionally talented in gastronomical delights!
Kept company with a group of friends here on the 'Opening Night' on 14/2/2014
The place generally open during the day as a cafe'
The service on opening night - great
The food extra exceptional - with each mouthful of food there was a party happening inside my mouth; this I could easily have endured to no end - yes the food was that good!
If the opportunity arises to dine here of an evening - grab it with both hands.