“Thank you”

Sunraysia Motel & Holiday Apartments
Sunraysia Motel & Holiday Apartments
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Mildura
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Upon arrival I was greeted with a free upgrade to a pool view suite. It was lovely and clean. Walking distance to centro and with free wifi and austar was a perfect stay. All amenities available including toaster, kettle, microwave etc. was a home away from home thank you!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Sunraysia Motel & Holiday Apartments

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Cheap so don't expect much, clean sheets made it Ok to stay, pretty much everything else was disappointing. It was fully booked at the time of stay so I may have had the worst room. Good if you just want to sleep and not hang in the room. Nothing fancy anywhere; the hot water cut out mid shower, had a little roach visit the bathroom in the evening and somehow the Austar didn't work in the morning (confused about that one). In the end I needed a bed, this one was clean and I could sleep so it was ok.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Becpacker
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I recently stayed in one of the rooms near the pool. Had an amazing time, air condidtioner worked perfectly, pool was amazing and the staff friendly. We would definately stay here again as it had everything we needed for a quick stay in Mildura. The room even had foxtell (though we never used it as we were out the whole time) which is pretty good for $79 per night room. The Bed was very comfortable and the rooms were nice and clean.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bignella
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Not my cup of tea, however for $88 per night, I guess you get what you pay for.

Room was incredibly dated, especially the tiny bathroom. Shower was one of those deep pink colours which I think is from the 60's. Sink was all cracked.

On the plus side the split system air on worked well, bed was comfy and the amazingly quick wi-fi was free. TV was new and had Austar Pay TV. Room was also clean.

If you're not a deep sleeper, don't get a room facing Deakin Ave. The traffic thru the night is very loud.

Reading other reviews here, it appeals to some. I think I'll stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Iridium_Oxide
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I previously spent two nights while on business, and again, recently had occasion for a longer stay - six nights.

Mark and Sandra were excellent. The room was right beside the pool, and being a pretty good sleeper, I heard no traffic noise at all.

Staying five or six days attracts a tariff that I was more than happy with.

A nice little bar area was always worth a visit after a day's work with drink prices more than competitive.

Sandra cooks good country style home meals and is more than happy to accommodate any variations to the menu.

The room itself was a good size, clean and tidy (Until I got to it). The bed was comfortable.

My electric jug fritzed itself and was replaced within five minutes of asking at the desk.

The WiFi has been recently upgraded and gave consistently acceptable reception the whole time I was there.

If you plan to use the laundry, make sure you read the instructions first though :-)

This is not a five-star motel, but that's not to my taste - this is more like home.

All in all, a stay I won't hesitate repeating.

Thank you both.

Pat H.

Room Tip: If your precious about traffic noise, get a room on the far side of the parking area. I was able to...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Pat H
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We can't complain much about a room that only cost $78 a night, but we'll probably choose a different place the next time we're in Mildura. The room was a decent size but faced the road, thus we heard trucks rumble by all night. And the cleaners had not done a great job vacuuming and cleaning. The staff at reception were all friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the road out front.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We stayed at the Sunraysia motel, a member of the Budget Motel Chain, on our way back from Adelaide - this motel ticked all the boxes for us - clean sheets, a comfortable bed, a very neat and tidy room, along with a shower that didn't run out of hot water.

Mark, the manager, treated us very well, he was happy to show us the room, which we immediately took due to all of above, and a good tarrif. We slept all night, due to no traffic noise.

The manager of the motel, Mark, was very good - thank you Sunraysia Motel for a wonderful stay, and thanks to the Arra Accomodation Group, of which this motel is a member - we always stay with this group of motels, comprising the Budget, Orbit and Paragon brands.

Room Tip: All rooms are good value!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family