“Lovely views & helpful staff”
Review of Rivers Inn Sale

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rivers Inn Sale
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Sale
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I travel quite a bit. My latest stop has had me in Sale, Victoria, Australia. It was getting late so I decided to try to find a place just on the outskirts of town so I could look up and enjoy the night sky.
Rivers Inn was the first and only stop I had to make. The gentleman behind the counter was able to put me into a room that was down away from the road with a stunning rural view of the country side.
Before the manager took off for the evening he informed me that if I needed anything there was a 24/7 security guard on the premises that could assist me. The security guard was quite helpful & friendly. He was able to fix my laptop and point out some other scenic places I should visit!
The room itself was nice & cozy. Had everything I could need for my night stay & also free wifi. The bed was comfy & smelled like home to me (country breeze with a hint of sunflowers). I definitely recommend this place for anyone passing on by!

Room Tip: All rooms have blinds that can easily open & close without hassle, to allow sunlight/night sky e...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Sassy A
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This must be the worst place to stay in Gippsland. Don't even bother to stop, just drive on by. We tried three rooms and still gave it up. The first one smelled awful. I went back into the office and asked for another, which by the way smelled like a septic tank inside. The man gave us another room, but it only had one bed. I went back again and he gave me another room. It smelled slightly musty, but when we pulled back the covers on one of the beds there were beetles or some type of bug. That was it for us. One thing I can say on their behalf is they did refund most of my money. We found out from the place where we did stay that the reason for the smell was they had been flooded out not too long before we arrived. So perhaps in the future it may not be as bad.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family