All reviews aldi supermarket one bedroom apartment chapel st st kilda road secure parking longer stay washing machine apartment was clean within walking distance car park street parking down stairs convenient location short stay stay there again a short tram ride serviced daily
Reviewed 12 February 2016

Apatments Ink offer a good alternative when staying in Melbourne. Knly a short walk from great pubs and restraunts. Parking is easy ($10 o/night or street parking) Aldi downstairs and a good Chinese Restraunt. Friendly staff and quiet room (for St Kilda). Like all apartments just missing a pod coffee machine!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
ApartmentsInk, Operations Manager at Apartments Ink, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2016

Hi Grant W,

Thanks for taking the time to review Apartments Ink on Trip Advisor, and thank you for the positive comments on the area we are located. In regards to pubs and restaurants, the Dick Whittington Tavern is must whilst visiting ! We are also fortunate to be located close to the busy Acland street area, but far enough not to get the noise.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to St Kilda on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed 12 February 2016

I have stayed at Apartments Ink quite a few times, and I try to stay there whenever I'm visiting Melbourne. Upon arrival, I was greeted by Samantha, who was very friendly and helpful, (I don't know where you keep finding all these awesome people Justin, but keep it up). In one of my previous reviews, I mentioned that the removable shower head makes you sound like a rockstar when singing in the shower. Unfortunately, this time my singing was off key. Maybe the shower head needs tuning, or maybe it was because I had a cold. Still enjoyed my stay, and always look forward to my next one.

Room Tip: If budget allows, try and book a one bedroom apartment instead of a standard room. Extra room to move, and a proper lounge/dining area.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Brad W

Hi Brad W,

Thanks for your hilarious review on Trip Advisor, we are fortunate to have such a great return guest ! I have to say I am very lucky with our team, each member is dedicated to giving the best service possible.

We are looking forward to your next stay, and congratulations for winning our monthly competition too. Feel free to contact us to organise your free nights accommodation.

Operations manager

Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

I suggest you NEVER stay at Apartments Ink in St Kinda, Melbourne

After booking on Wotif I was called by Apartments Ink and asked to canceled my payment with wotif and book directly with them. (As I did to help them out)

I stayed for 2 weeks while working and literally slept and showered in the apartment.

FIRST I was over charged $165, THEN I was accused of breaking the tv remote and dryer. NOW I'm home and it continues....

I've been emailed photos and accused in intentionally breaking the dishwasher?!

None of which these items were used let alone touched!

It's very clear that this company is trying all avenues to get money.

Extremely disappointed and angry.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
ApartmentsInk, Operations Manager at Apartments Ink, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2016

Hi BusinesstravellerAUS,

We appreciate the time you have taken to review us on Trip Advisor; it is truly disappointing to read your comments on all of our public forums. We are more than happy to reply and elaborate on your comments so our readers have the full account of the situation.

To clarify first of all, both our housekeeping and maintenance departments will always check rooms prior to any arrival. These checks include cleanliness, appliances (to make sure they are in working order), bedding and kitchenware. The same checks are also conducted on check out. As you could imagine if there is any damages in the room we need to investigate and follow up accordingly. (Room check logs can be provided for verification). These checks are done to ensure that the apartment when resold to the next guest is up to standard and all appliances are in good working order for use during a stay. If there is damage, we believe its well within our rights to investigate and apply an applicable charge if there is evidence suggesting damage was caused during a guests stay. Unfortunately, in your situation this was the case.

We do confirm you had traveled interstate for work and stayed with us for two weeks, occupying one of our One bedroom Deluxe Apartments. You had failed to mention your partner had also stayed with you during this whole time, occupying the room whilst you were at work. Furthermore we have confirmed with housekeeping that during your stay they did empty the dishwasher a couple of times after dishes were placed by the occupants. Therefore this confirms that the dishwasher was used during your stay. We are unsure of your allegation in relation to the TV remote and dryer as this was not even questioned nor any charges applied.

You are also correct; we had overcharged your booking by one night for $165.00. This error was discovered upon check out and we openly admit this error. This was due to your stay being shortened by one night after you had checked in. These funds were then absorbed for the following;
Unpaid discounted internet usage – total of $60.00
Broken dishwasher door/handle and lights – total of $105.00
Hence the $165.00 was absorbed and your security bond of $200.00 was given back to you on checkout.

BusinesstracellerAUS, unfortunately, all the evidence relates to the fact that the dishwasher was damaged during your stay.

We feel that your review is embellished with non-factual information, and we are also disappointed with your attempts at encouraging your friends to post on social media falsifying allegations to damage our reputation. This is not in the spirit of a genuine review that reviews sites encourage.

For our valued readers, the above situation is not an indication of Apartments Ink attempting to claim any unwarranted funds. We take appropriate measures to ensure all of our rooms are kept to a standard. We stand firm by our decisions and can confidently say we are fair and just when it comes to dispute resolution and the funds absorbed were warranted and supported by evidence that was provided to the guest.

Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

Excellent appartments located in a great spot in St Kilda.
Apartments have all amenities making for a great stay, long or short.
Extremely friendly staff.
Fantastic restaurant underneath and a supermarket.
On site parking is great and secure.
A great place to stay.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
ApartmentsInk, Operations Manager at Apartments Ink, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2016

Hi Natalie R

Thank you for your review of Apartments Ink on Trip Advisor. Myself and the team and very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your positive comments on the staff and the Apartments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Apartments Ink in the near future, please feel free to contact myself directly for a special return guest deal.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

Friendly staff. Great, clean accommodation with everything you need. Enjoyable visit. Manual/information booklet is comprehensive and extremely useful. Being in room 101 (above Aldi), the only problem was being woken up very early by the noisy Aldi delivery truck.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Hi Trip Advisor Member,

Many thanks for review on Trip Advisor, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit as we always strive to make our guests as comfortable as possible. I am particularly pleased to hear that you made use of our room compendium. All of our staff contributed to collating a comprehensive guide to St Kilda and the surrounding areas, we hoped it would give guests new to the city a quick and solid reference to what the city has to offer.

With regards to the ALDI delivery truck, we have raised it with ALDI as there are restrictions to delivery times which were breached during your stay. We would like to apologise for the inconvenience this caused you.

The team at Apartments Ink look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Yours sincerely