“Clean & Comfortable & good value with great...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jo S
Mombasa, Kenya
“Bouquets & brick bats”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

If you like very soft mattresses or fold-away beds with very thin mattresses then you'll probably like the sleeping arrangements here....unfortunately, I like neither.

I stayed in Apartment 14 for 10 days and this is one of a number of apartments in this complex owned by Expresso Apartments. The booking process was good & staff helpful but the check-in not so easy as when I arrived the code given to open the key safe didn't work on one safe in the letter box & the other one was open & empty. I was on the phone to the office when someone wandered out of the building & handed me the keys with no real introduction or explanation - no it wasn't the cleaner as I asked her! Not a great beginning.

Apart from the beds, the apartment was comfortable and on the plus side there was a washing machine and dryer as well as a full-size fridge, an oven, and a reasonable hair dryer.

But the apartment could have done with a really deep clean as the rug in the lounge looked a bit grotty, & when I moved the couch out to use the power point there were stains on the walls & the carpet dirty including a bottle cap left there. And under the lounge cushions there was quite a bit of dirt, crumbs etc.

The most serious issue (apart from the beds) was that both blinds in the bedroom and lounge were broken - the former had to be manually opened by standing on a chair & the latter rolled all the way out when lowered. To be fair, though, when contacted, management responded quickly & offered to send around a maintenance crew. The other problem was that a vent in the lounge out to the balcony made a rattling noise ALL night & when we investigated we found that a piece of polystyrene foam had been left in there & was being buffeted about by the strong winds, so the only way we could stop the noise was by placing some cardboard over the vent.

Does the above sound fussy? You bet! And the reason is that these apartments are pricey and are placed at the higher end of the short term let market so attention to every detail is a must. When paying these kinds of prices I expect absolutely everything has been checked (& re-checked) & in squeaky clean & working order.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Lack of attention to detail & the beds!
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
11 Oct 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We take all feedback seriously and always look at our check in procedure to make sure it is user friendly for guests.
We also guarantee the utmost of cleanliness in all of our apartments and will pass on this feedback.
We also regularly schedule maintenance reviews of each property where things such as blinds are checked.
We are glad that our maintenance team promptly dealt with this issue for you.
Malaysia
Reviewed 1 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Takapuna NZ
Reviewed 5 December 2012 for a stay in November 2012

Rugged travelers
Management Response
5 Dec 2012
Thanks for the feedback and we will ask our maintenance team to attend to the needs of this apartment to ensure it is as per our other well maintained apartments.
Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2012 for a stay in April 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
London
Reviewed 3 April 2012 for a stay in March 2012

David K
Melbourne Australia
“Great Position, shame about the parking”
Reviewed 1 September 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Stayed here 2 nights, neat tidy 1 bedroom, fantastic position just off Ackland street and close to the beach. Wifi was available, but very slow. Parking was a nightmare, we had to park in the Coles carpark down the road and constantly had problems getting in and out with the access card provided.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: The Parking
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Maidstone
Reviewed 8 July 2010 for a stay in January 2010

Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing