“Excellent food, and great service.”
Review of Flare Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Flare Grill
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent food, and great service.”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We really liked Flame Grill, and my partner is a vegetarian so that's saying something! (Okay, she eats fish which made it easier). Everything was cooked very well and we were totally stuffed by the end of the meal.

Visited May 2013

Hereford
“Fantastic Find, best place we ate in Melbourne”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Fantastic restaurant would highly recomend to anyone who is any where near Melbourne, fantastic food, outstanding service, this place should be fully booked every night, it really was that good. We had one of the best meals of our holiday here and most amazingly the prices were very reasonable, couldn't ask for anything better.

• Visited February 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Flare is Appalling....not family friendly at all”
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Flare, in one word: Appalling

I specifically searched on the Internet for "kid friendly" restaurant because we have a toddler and came across Flare and we thought we would give it a try.  It seemed on the expensive side but I thought it might be a treat. Unfortunately, it turned out to be everything but a treat.

From the minute we walked in, we got Bad Attitude:  we had booked a booth and were instructed in an arrogant way to be "in and out" within 40minutes to make way for a another booking ....boy, that really made us feel special.  Anyway, we swallowed it and said we would be happy to take a table (in their empty restaurant) instead of the booth so that we would not have to rush through our dinner.   We waited and waited and waited and eventually after asking for a menu, we got one, despite the fact the ratio of staff to customers was about 4:1.  Luckily I had asked for a apple juice for our 2.5 year old daughter when they sat us down.  So she had her juice and I gave her a snack box, which I always take with us to keep her happy while we waited as she had already had her dinner.  Just out of interest I looked at the kids menu and was gob-smacked to see they were charging $25 for kiddy meals that generally go or $8.  Anyway, we ordered and chose to make the most of it however,  when the waitress returned and was about to open our wine, she told me that my daughter would not be permitted to eat the snacks I had brought along.   This was the final straw.....we asked whether a baby would be allowed to drink milk there ....obviously not as it was not on their kids menu!  We just said, stop opening that wine, take back those oysters, cancel those steaks, we are out of here!

Flare is  really expensive, NOT kid friendly, rude and arrogant.  I cant tell you about the food because our tempers flared too much to even try it!

We paid for the apple juice and wandered down the road and had a lovely experience at Monroes.  The waiter was lovely and made us feel so welcome.  My daughter got crayons and pictures to Colour in.   Hello to Monroes.....and bye bye to Flare.

• Visited July 2011