“Best Gift Ever!”

The Prince
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in St Kilda
“Best Gift Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I was given a voucher for a nights stay at the Prince + 5 course dinner in Circa for my recent engagement. Absolutely loved it! We were lucky that it was very hot weather and we got to take in the St KIlda beach during the day. Our voucher was for a deluxe room, but as we were checking in on a Monday they weren't that full so got upgraded to a Superior room free of charge! My fiance' made use of the day spa - not really my thing but she enjoyed it. Dinner in Circa was a cracker with matching wines. The sommelier gave us the full spiel, that I really enjoyed. Overall we really enjoyed ourselves, such a great gift.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
BizSattler, Director of Sales at The Prince, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Hi There

Thank you so much for your review.

We are delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience and hope to see you back with us in the near future

Liz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed at The Prince for the first time last week, as I was in town for business for one day. What a lovely and pleasant stay. The warm greeting and service that I received from when I arrived was perfect and so inviting.

The room was efficient and very clean, I really liked the modern take on the rooms as well. It had everything I could need and very comfortable.

Location was great, just a cab ride into town, which in fact turned into a lift by the Hotel Manager James in his own car, since my cab had not turned up in time! Very impressive Service!

Will definitely be back again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hi There

Thank you so much for your kind trip advisor review.
We try our best to exceed guest expectatkonsand certainly pleased to hear this feedback.

We hope to see you back with us soon.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

The Prince Hotel for a start has terrible service and is only exceeded by its over priced food and beverages.

Given that the Fitzroy has so many wonderful places to eat, drink and stay I have no idea why anyone once their have been to the Prince would ever go back there again.

I really don't mind paying for what you get but the prices are over the top for the rubbish they dish out.

Definitely give it a miss.

Room Tip: If you can give this place a miss then do it, lots of nice places in the vicinity. The food and drin...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank James T
Hi There

We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your dining experience at one of our restaurants.
This page is predominately aimed at feedback for the accommodation, however I would be more than happy to pass your feedback on to our restaurant operations manager. If you would like to touch base with me regarding the experience we would be happy to discuss this with you in person.

biz@theprince.com.au

liz
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Ugh! I was so glad I just had one night here. I hardly slept with noise that sounded as if there was a diesel truck outside my room. Andy if the air conditioning was working (I had it checked twice), then it certainly did not match my definition of functionality. The room itself was described as "boutique", but was more the size of a boutique in a Moroccan souk than the boutiques along Acland St. The bed was not only small, but the mattress had seen much better days. While the staff certainly seemed willing to serve, as far as I could see there was only one guest facing staff member on duty at any one time.

I will not be returning

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank BeachSwaggie
Hi There

thank you for your review.

Our boutique rooms are indeed the smallest room type in the hotel. We do have larger rooms available in the property and do try to establish the guests requirements to ensure they have a room that best accommodates their needs.

I will certainly pass on the feedback regarding mattress and AIr con and ensure that these are looked into for you.

liz
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Best hotel to stay in in St Kilda.
Gorgeous Aesop products, very quiet and gorgeous rooms. If I recall, our room had sensor bedside lighting.
Classy, modern, interesting and warm.
Well worth the money for a great stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Adealide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I travel and stay in many hotels for work and so when I had to go to Melbourne for a wedding I really did think “great another night in a hotel.” The Prince, located in St Kilda is a hotel I had not stayed at previously so thought it was a great opportunity to try somewhere different.
I found the whole experience truly lovely. From when I first arrived I found the staff both friendly and helpful. The facilities that The Price offered where also very good, I didn’t use the pool as I forgot my swimmers but would advise anyone visiting to pack them as it was truly beautiful. The room where modern, clean and very welcoming but the best part of the stay was the location. I could walk to cafes, shopping and the beach.
This is a must stay for people who want a great location, great rooms and friendly staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
BizSattler, Director of Sales at The Prince, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Alicia C
Thank you so much for your kind review. We understand that although travelling for work seems glamorous, sometimes all you want is be in your own bed! We are so pleased that we could provide a home away from home for you and we hope to see you back at The Prince very soon.

Kindest

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

What a refreshing surprise for a Melbourne hotel. From the moment I arrived I was greeted warmly by hotel reception, as if excited to see an old friend - it made one feel special and welcomed. The check-in was friendly, efficiant and informative... and complimentary Wifi! Fabulous. The rooms are fresh, simple, and comfortable; but it's the dedication to service values here which is impressive. Wouldn't hesitate to reccomend to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear JamesMelbourne84

We appreciate you taking the time to post a Tripadvisor review for us - thank you. We are so pleased that you like the art, design, food theme of the property. We are glad that you appreciate the free wi fi, we certainly it is a necessity in hotels and are happy to provide this for your guests complimentary. Most importantly I am thrilled that you were treated like a friend. We work very hard to ensure that our level of customer service exceeds expectations and I am so glad we could deliver on this.
We look forward to seeing you soon.

Kindest