“Overhaul would be good option.”

Novotel Melbourne St Kilda
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in St Kilda
Adelaide, Australia
“Overhaul would be good option.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The service at this hotel is fairly average for the expected quality from a 4 star hotel. Their lack of interest and knowledge is below standard. The conference room facilities are very cold & squeezy. The breakfast was fairly average for price & minimal menu offered for room service and expensive. The hotel rooms were quite good, clean but very noisy. Overall average for a 4 star hotel and a little disappointing. I would look elsewhere for better service & value.

• Stayed June 2014
Llewellyn W, General Manager at Novotel Melbourne St Kilda, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Lonefish33

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor. Please accept my apologies that your time here was below your expectations. I would like the opportunity to discuss with you your time here directly and would encourage you to contact me directly on Llewellyn.Wyeth@accor.com so that I can ensure that we develop our team further.

Kind Regards

Llewellyn Wyeth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Bali, Indonesia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

1/when I approached the reception for checking in at Novotel St Kilda in Melbourne on 20 Jun 2014, there were 3 staff starring at the PC, I said good morning and no one replied to me and they kept looking at their computer screens for about 5 seconds than one of them finally talked to me without greeting me back at all... The next minute a Caucasian guest came and he was greeted nicely, but why not me and my family?? Is it because we are Asian????? I thought Australia is a multicultural country and respect equal opportunity...but yet some people are still very racist!!!

2/The air conditioning system is stupidly managed from central and it is very hard to adjust the temperature. We come from a tropical island of Bali and the temperature is really cold for us. The temperature in our room (room 409) was staying at 18 c even though we adjusted to 25 c. We called the staff to fix it but only showed up in our room after 45 minutes (after 2nd attempts to get someone to come to the room). The staff only told that the temperature will go up gradually after it's adjusted but nothing happened after a few hours waiting. It went up to 21 c for a while but then went back again to 18 c. This was happening for the whole night we stayed in the room and we could not really sleep as it is too bloody cold.

3/ my husband and I are accord advantage members and we normally get a free WIFI connection throughout the stay but the reception tried to charge us with WIFI connection until I refused to pay and told her that we are a member and should not be changed. She looked again in her computer and then said yes you are right, you are a member and the WIFI is free of charge. What is the point of showing my card upon check-in if the staff still do not recognise us as a member and still treat us as a regular guests (even worse than a regular guests) !!!

4/ my kids (12 and 15 years old) went to the restaurant for breakfast in the morning and was not allowed to get in by the waitress. After checking with the reception staff they finally let them in and again they tried to charge the breakfast which should have been free of charge. Check again your own advertising where it says "Kids are free to stay with us".

I am expecting an apology from the Novotel management and compensation.
Name is: Juliet Tumewu
Accor Advantage member # 3084094 199671666

Kind regards,
Juliet Tumewu

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Juliet T
Llewellyn W, General Manager at Novotel Melbourne St Kilda, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Juliet

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor, I will contact you directly as you have requested however please accept my apologies, I will personally look into all elements of your stay.

Please be assured that our team stem from all parts of the Globe and I can personally assure you that your experience was in no way related to where you come from.

I look forward to talking with you directly.

Kind Regards

Middlesbrough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I loved this hotel for our short stay in St Kilda. What an amazing place. Loved the stroll along the front on a night time back from all the lovely bars and restaurants. Melbourne City centre is only a short tram ride away.
Hotel itself is reasonably priced, with good modern rooms. Very friendly helpful staff. Would return.

Room Tip: Sea view it's amazing