Once again on our annual migration to Melbourne we elected to stay at the Novotel.
Yes I know on every previous report on this property I have sworn never to return so what is the fascination ! My wife said if I have nothing good to say then say nothing.
Let me sum the hotel up this way. We paid $300 a night for one of the better rooms.
For this we were provisioned with two portions of sugar, along with two cups two teabags, well you now have the idea. I left there with the distinct impression if we wanted something we were going to buy it.
Internet; sure its freely available, at twenty something dollars a day. You have to be kidding.
Gowns. Your dreaming. One chair to sit in. A television so small I needed opera glasses to watch.
Pillows. The first night our heads sunk to the mattress, it was like wearing earmuffs.
Night 2. We asked for firmer pillows. These were like bags of straw. Sorry we could not use them
Night 3 Try again. I have never experienced a brick designed as a pillow. Truly.
Other than the location this hotel must rank as the meanest I have ever experienced.
For what we got it was overpriced and under performing
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Melbourne St Kilda is the city's premier beachfront hotel. Ideally positioned facing St Kilda beach and surrounded by some of the city's finest attractions, Novotel St Kilda is the perfect escape for the business or leisure traveller. Situated 6km from the city centre and 28km from Melbourne Airport, experience all this unique St Kilda hotel and its cosmopolitan surroundings have to offer from this hotel's prime position on The Esplanade. Novotel Melbourne St Kilda provides a great choice of St Kilda accommodation, offering 211 rooms and suites, many featuring spa baths with spectacular bay view over Port Philip Bay. The Novotel St Kilda can cater for a variety of events including residential conferences, team building exercises, annual meetings and gala dinners. Choose from 12 versatile function spaces for up to 300 delegates. Many of the rooms offer stunning ocean views and outdoor terrace areas for informal networking. Walk to some of Melbourne's finest attractions such as Luna Park, experience the famous Sunday art and craft market on The Esplanade or discover the many shopping options and bustling nightlife on nearby Acland and Fitzroy Streets. If you need to park the car, there is a secure, undercover parking (extra charge), whilst a tram stop at the front door ensures easy and convenient access to Melbourne city centre only six kilometres away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Novotel Melbourne St Kilda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Melbourne St Kilda Hotel St Kilda
- Accor St Kilda
- Novotel St Kilda
- St Kilda Novotel
- Novotel Melbourne St Kilda Greater Melbourne