Oslo Hotel
Apartments Ink(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$72
Orbitz.com
    Rydges St Kilda(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
    US$97
    • Restaurant
    Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda Melbourne(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
    US$97
    • Fitness centre
    St. Kilda Junction Accommodation(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
    US$135
    US$101
    • Fitness centre
    Tolarno Hotel(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
    US$87
    US$54
    • Restaurant
    Quest St Kilda Bayside(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
    US$108
    US$95
    • Pool
    • Fitness centre
    Novotel Melbourne St Kilda(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
    US$118
    US$101
    • Pool
    • Restaurant
    Cosmopolitan Hotel Melbourne(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
    US$120
    US$102
    Agoda.com
    US$89
    US$76
    The Prince(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
    US$159
    US$118
    • Restaurant
    See what travellers are saying:
    Reviewed 12 October 2013

This was one of the worst places I ever stayed in!! The rooms were dirty, toilets had piss stains down the front of it for three days, carpets on stairway didn't look like they were cleaned for weeks, the reception was a waste of time, wifi the worst I ever used and the main computers are shockingly slow my advice find somewhere else to stay this place is terrible

• Stayed: October 2013
    3  Thank Sicknote27
    Reviewed 8 October 2013

I have no problem staying in simple places that have basic commodities. I have been in places where there is no water or the bathroom does not work properly, or the room doesn't seem clean enough. But it has been in southeast Asia! We are in Australia and I would expect something better than what Oslo offers to backpackers. For the same price and the same amount of time you can stay in other hostel with much better conditions. When I stayed, the room was really cold. Bed linens were really yellow. the bathroom was a mess but still I had to take my showers. During a night guests were screaming with loud music from 8.30 pm to 2.30 in the morning! With a clear sign of keep it quiet after 11 pm and no one else to tell them to keep it quiet. The social areas were really dirty and I did not even risk to cook anything in the kitchen. I agree with another comment, even if in booking.com there is an offer of parking spaces, well, there is not. My car was even towed away from the front of the hostel and no one said anything to me. It is unfortunate that this place has these features. The building could be a great place if managed differently. Its location is also great, just a short walk to the restaurants and the sea, and I love the sea. Another good thing about it is that I spotted a possum in the front yard! That was great. I recommend you to stay here if you are really in a short budget. After all, you will have a bed and a room, something that not everyone has nowadays.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
    1  Thank apsb
    Reviewed 5 October 2013

Photos on Booking com and here are when the building was new. That was the worst experience in Australia and if you know asutralia the hostels are not the best for cleaning or security.
    The place does not accept phone reservations first of all because the reception is just from 10:00 to 22:00 ( some times less as per other guests comments); and second because if you book by phone and you arrive to the place for sure you will never accept to stay in that dirty place but if you book online they will charge to your credit card even if you dont show.
    The fence and door are dirty and rusty, you notice the black marks on the front walls and the wood floor in very bad condition.
    As soon as you enter the recepcionist show how upset and unhappy is he working.
    The room with a full garbage bin inside the room and the old bed sheets on the bed he just trwo a pair of blanckets and yellowish ( not sure if used or old) bed sheets, drawers with spider nets and old piece of wood and full of dust.
    Low class and young guests drinking up to 6 am and sleeping on the social area.
    Toilettes, better do not talk about it.
    As soon as i could, next morning I left the place.
    I definetly do not recommend this place if you are traveling in Melbourne or close. If you are in need and money runout, probably you will accept this, but take your risks if you want to get any infectious disease or lost anything you have.

Better pay a little bit more and you will find many places even 2 blocks near to thisone.

Room Tip: No room to choose, better try another place.
    • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
    1  Thank muertesss
    Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed one night in this guesthouse. It is a really dirty place, the bedsheets looks like they never washed. I feel very unsafe in this guesthouse, first because of the kind of people that stayed there. Secondly because we got a room with "balcony" and everybody got totally easy broke in at our room. They write on booking.com that they got free parking possibilities. Thats not true. This means that you need to walk for 10 minutes and hope there is a free place to park your car (in totally 5 places) so you can't park it. We leaved the guesthouse at 6.30 in the morning and would NEVER go back to this place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Nadine E
    Reviewed 7 August 2013

If you call this hostel,receptionist will tell you `We are fully booked` They are not going to accept booking on the phone.Just visit there or booking via the internet site.every one writing terrible story on this site about that hostel..But actually it was good enough.

Room Tip: If you feel unconfortable you should negosiate with owner.
    • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends