Stayed in Base for 4 nights but wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. Heard many good things about the Hostel however, I could take it or leave it.
Stayed in a 8 then 10 bed dorm (8 dorm was $40 which is pretty expensive!) and the rooms didn't seem that clean. One morning there was glass on the carpet what someone must have brought in from theirs shoes, I cleaned it up straight away before the cleaners to save an accident. I came home that evening and the room hadn't been hoovered, so was a good job I did!! The bathrooms are anything flash and the walls are pretty thin! The sanitary bin STANK! And clearly hadn't been emptied for days and days, which is pretty gross.
Beds are pretty good, and I liked that you had lockers under them.
The food in the bar was amazing, ate there a few nights. GET THE WINGS! And was offered a free bottle of Trevi one evening, don't get that in alot of places :)
I wouldn't recommend this place if your not out to party (we were unaware) You can hear the music from your room until early hours, I have to put in ear plugs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BASE Backpackers St Kilda offers the best in high quality Budget St Kilda accommodation. With a range of small and large mix dorms, private Queen Rooms and the exclusive Girls only Sanctuary dorms, we have a room for all fun loving budget conscious travelers, we are the closest hostel in Melbourne to the iconic St Kilda Beach & have the PUMPING Red Eye Bar on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your BASE Backpackers St Kilda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Base Backpackers Hotel St Kilda
- BASE Backpackers St Kilda Greater Melbourne