We were a little skeptical about staying in another base, after bad experiences in Sydney base and Brisbane Base.
We are so happy we took the risk. We had the best couple of days here! Lovely friendly helpful staff, lovely clean spacious rooms (en-suite but kept clean by professional cleaners), right from the being greeted into base we felt at home! Kitchen a bit small, but no problems with it really! Big sofa and loads of tables to eat on. Wifi is Global Gossip, good prices and decent coverage!
We met so many people here, it really is a great place to meet people! Free BBQ on a Wednesday (get in quick tho) and Thursdays is ladies night with drink deals!
Found the bar a little expensive for a backpackers and not being able to drink in your room is a bit crap. If you do they come and take it off you... We were skint so had no choice, took the risk and got it took off us but went downstairs and had a good night!
If you wanna have a good time in St Kilda, I'd deffo recommend this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BASE Backpackers St Kilda offers the best in high quality Budget St Kilda accommodation. With a range of small and large mix dorms, private Queen Rooms and the exclusive Girls only Sanctuary dorms, we have a room for all fun loving budget conscious travelers, we are the closest hostel in Melbourne to the iconic St Kilda Beach & have the PUMPING Red Eye Bar on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your BASE Backpackers St Kilda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Base Backpackers Hotel St Kilda
- BASE Backpackers St Kilda Greater Melbourne