“Couldn't ask for more!”
Review of Habitat HQ

Habitat HQ
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and wished we stayed longer! It's our first time to experience backpackers and it was a great experience. Booked for 4-bedroom but stayed in a 3-bedroom instead ;) toilets are being cleaned regularly, staff are very helpful and friendly (got locked out our room so many times) and location is great, tram is just across the road. Actually asked if they have a branch when we stayed in Sydney but unfortunately they don't (but I hope they do have soon) and to be honest I could've paid more for the price because of their excellence in everything. Plus they have activities in common area which gives you the chance to mingle with others :)

• Stayed: June 2014
habitatmanager333, General Manager at Habitat HQ, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for your great review. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay so much with us, especially being your first Hostel experience. Having guests like yourself have such a positive experience means we are doing things right! The main purpose of all our events is to ensure that everybody that stays with us feels involved and included and has the opportunity to meet other travelers, so please you enjoyed them.

Sorry at this stage we do not have another Habitat HQ......one day!
Please come back and visit us again

Simone and the Habitat Team

There are newer reviews for Habitat HQ

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We booked for a four bedroom but I was pleasantly surprised to see that we're in a 3 bedroom! The staff were helpful too since we got locked out of our room thrice :) I also liked the toilet. It was big and I didn't have to wait to use it. It needed some rags tho it was so slippery! But overall it was a great stay :)

• Stayed: June 2014
habitatmanager333, General Manager at Habitat HQ, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hi,
Thank you so much for your review.
It is great that you enjoyed your stay.
I appreciate your feedback on the floor in the bathroom being slippery. We do currently apply a non slip cleaning product to the floors when we clean nightly, and I will follow up with a housekeeping team to ensure this is being done.

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Had a wonderful time in Melbourne, made all the nicer by going back to a warm, comfortable room. Habitat HQ is in the middle of a great area in St Kilda, with plenty of shops, restaurants and pubs nearby. With a comfy shared area on the ground floor, the hostel has a great social atmosphere. Would definitely recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
habitatmanager333, General Manager at Habitat HQ, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Hi Lachlan,
thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay, despite the chilly Melbourne weather.

Hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here with a friend of mine recently and we managed to get a private room. When we got there got there early and had to wait for our room, but it gave us an opportunity to meet the other backpackers relax and mingle. When we got to access our room it was like a hotel room, unbelievable views and you get your privacy. You get your own key card for your room and if you are driving you can get access to the private carpark in the back, the only issue is if you are travelling during the day site seeing and you come back at night it extremely difficult to find a park and have to park next to the building in the carpark section.

The staff were friendly and some of the staff were quite attractive there was one I had my eye on ;).. But didnt have a crack as she was probably taken. The facilities were good private room wise you get your own bathroom and foxtel in your room (not many channels but better than nothing) and if you are going out on the town the alcohol there is cheap as especially to the over priced Melbourne prices.

You get free breakfast (no vegemite unfortunately but still a free breakfast) and like other places I have been to whoever uses dishes have to wash theirs when they are finished *common sense there*. I also notice that there is a local rivalry soccer game with another backpacker hostel on the Sundays which is designed to meet other backpackers and have a friendly game.

I will DEFINITELY be going there again next time I come to
Melbourne and I will be recommending it to my friends and other travellers :-D

• Stayed: June 2014
habitatmanager333, General Manager at Habitat HQ, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Hi!
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review!
Sorry there was no Vegemite but our International Travellers just haven't acquired the taste for it...we are with you though..its the best!
Thank you for the compliments ...Our staff are beautiful on the outside AND the inside!
We look forward to having you stay with us again........Go Cats!

Simone and the Habitat Team

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed in this hostel recently for one night as I actually live in a house in the city but it was too late to be walking around the city so I choose to stay here with Afew friends . Upon arrival staff were very abrupt and just handed me a key. The next day a lady appeared at my door informing me I had one minute to leave or I'd b charged for another night and walked off. At the desk the woman was extremely rude and condesending exclaiming I was late for my checkout . I told her I didn't realise the checkout and I was sorry. She then continued saying I should know the time and it was told to me at checkin (which it wasn't ) I explained it's different times back home and it wasn't explained to me. She then rudely goes "well your in Australia now " have you ever stayed in a hostel before " ?she then continued on saying "where are your bags " at this point I had enough with her rudeness and proceeded to not be so polite myself another lady arrives out to take over with the condesending and rude attitude ! Made me feel like I was not worth the time of day ! Def won't b staying here again and will make sure my friends won't either !

• Stayed: June 2014
habitatmanager333, General Manager at Habitat HQ, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for your review.
I apologise if you found our staff to be rude, this is certainly not the usual or expected behaviour of our team members.
On check in you received an information card that had your room number written on it and your key card in it. On this it clearly states that check out is 10am, (not 11.30 when you our staff came to your room), along with the rest of the hostel house rules. I understand that you felt tired, however Hostels and Hotels have set check out times to ensure that Housekeeping have time to clean the rooms and make all the beds for the next guest to check into.
It is normal practice of any accommodation provider to expect that when someone checks out they also remove their luggage from the room, we do offer very inexpensive secure lockers for storage of bags after check out.
When staff asked if you had stayed in a hostel before, they did not mean to be rude. I am sorry that that is how you took it. They were simply trying to understand why you found our rules unacceptable and unreasonable.

Happy and safe travels

Simone

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed there 4 nights in a double room. This hostel is amazing, friendly staff, the kitchen is big and clean, everything is well organize and the location is great!! loved St Kilda!!
The room was big, clean and with a private bathroom..what could I ask more?!
best experience ever, best hostel ever, I definitely reccomend this hostel to all my freinds.
I will definitely be back to Habitat HQ in the future!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I went there few years ago, not sure why I didn't write a review till then.

Anyway,

I stayed in 10-Bed Female Dormitory Room as it was the cheapest :-)
The location is great. close to the beach (which is not amazing but still a beach), the tram that takes you to the city, and many grocery stores/other shops.
It was clean good room size, very decent shared facilities, and quite interesting with all events going on daily/nightly basis.
there is information about all things that you can do in the city and any other activity that suits your "taste".
The best part was the seating area outside, where you can lay and read a book, have BBQ, or just enjoy the weather under the stars or the lovely sun.
The staff were nice, helpful, and fun to be around.

They had a discount for bookings over 7 days or so, but my plan was only to stay 4 days. However, I kept extending my stay as I fall in love with Melbourne and the backpacker was affordable and very reasonable. therefore, and even though I've already paid for 4 days then for another 3 extended, the lady in charge ( sorry can't remember her name) was very sweet to apply the discount on the extended days that completed the week stay.

I would definitely recommend it and stay there if I ever visit Melbourne again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a great review.
I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed our free nightly activities and got the chance to enjoy our great courtyard and found all our staff friendly.
We hope to have you back here some time soon!