“Good value and friendly service”
Review of Habitat HQ

Habitat HQ
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed at a private room, which was very clean and quiet. The staff were very friendly and always ready to help with concerns or just to give advice about local attractions. There were a couple of minor complications due to a booking mistake and some room problems, but these were dealt with promptly and professionally. The bar was cheap and the communal area was very spacious and nice looking for hostel standards. It's right next to a tram station and in the three nights we stayed, with regular to and fro-ing to the city, we rarely had to wait more than five minutes for transport either way.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
habitatmanager333, General Manager at Habitat HQ, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Hi Dani,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
Its great to hear you enjoyed your stay and yes we agree our locations is perfect to enjoy both the city and StKilda.
I apologize to hear about the hiccup on your check in, but pleased to hear that it was dealt with promptly and professionally.

Hope to have you back again soon,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great staff, cheap bar, nice communal area but squeaky beds, few plug sockets in the rooms and not the best location for winter as it's 30-40mins into the city. For summer it would be great cos of the proximity to the beach. Only minor issues though, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your review.
I am sorry to hear you felt we were out of the way. With a great Tram system at our door which departs regularly and being so close to not only StKilda beach but all the amazing cafes and bars in Acland street we think we are in a fabulous location! But you are correct it is even more sensational in Summer!

Happy Travels

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Rooms were neat and basic and we were not expectng much for the price. Old Stains on sheets and build up of hair in shower drain put us off. Thank goodness we were only there for 1 night. Staff were great and very warm and accommodating. Our last visit to budget rooms.

Room Tip: ask has it been cleaned lately and am I getting clean sheets
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Denise,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Thank you for your kind words about our team.
All feedback is taken seriously and I apologize that you did not find our rooms to be of our usual high standard. We send our linen to a professional launderer as is industry standard for hotels and I will address the matter of your stained sheets with them.
I want to also apologize for the shower and again I apologize for the laps is our standards. I have addressed this with our Housekeeping team and as a result of your feedback have altered our drain cleaning products.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed one night, in a private room with my two young children. Our room was spacious and well appointed and unexpectedly very quiet, we had a great sleep! There was tea & coffee facilities in the room and lovely white towels for us all.
The communal area or lounge had a fantastic vibe, with one of the reception guys getting on stage playing guitar and singing, which was just fantastic.
We headed off early for the snow, but we managed to get some of the free breakfast which had porridge, cereals and toast!! Really great value and very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thanks Rob for your great review,
I am so pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay.
Please come and visit us again, and perhaps you will get a chance to stay longer and enjoy StKilda!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was traveling solo and had a 8 bunks and a bed at a corner room. Great hospitality from the staff and there are activities every night! I made few friends from my room which is great but of course this always depends on your luck.
Kitchen is huge but unfortunately I didn't used it much as I was always out, you can buy your groceries can cook there (be warned about the space to store thou, it's limited).
Bathroom is also huge but I wished there's a bench in the middle like those in gym to put our stuff once out of shower.
Room is slightly small when everyone has big bags around, so again pretty much depends on your roommates attitude. Comfy bed but no heater for the winter
Otherwise, it's a great stay throughout. Oh and they actually gave me a surprise on my birthday, which was sweet of them!

Room Tip: There's a drawer underneath the beds where you can keep your belongings, bring small padlocks if...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your positive review. I am so pleased to hear you made new friends and enjoyed our lively nightly events!!
Thank you for your feedback regarding the bench in the bathroom, and while there is no space for the gym bench you suggested, it is certainly something I will look into!
I just wanted to touch on your comment about the heater. Although there is not a free standing heater in the rooms, our entire building is air conditioned and heated constantly to a temperature of 22 deg, year round.
I am glad you like your birthday cake surprise, our team love to make everyone feel at home!

Happy travels and come back and visit us again

Simone and the Habitat HQ

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and wished we stayed longer! It's our first time to experience backpackers and it was a great experience. Booked for 4-bedroom but stayed in a 3-bedroom instead ;) toilets are being cleaned regularly, staff are very helpful and friendly (got locked out our room so many times) and location is great, tram is just across the road. Actually asked if they have a branch when we stayed in Sydney but unfortunately they don't (but I hope they do have soon) and to be honest I could've paid more for the price because of their excellence in everything. Plus they have activities in common area which gives you the chance to mingle with others :)

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for your great review. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay so much with us, especially being your first Hostel experience. Having guests like yourself have such a positive experience means we are doing things right! The main purpose of all our events is to ensure that everybody that stays with us feels involved and included and has the opportunity to meet other travelers, so please you enjoyed them.

Sorry at this stage we do not have another Habitat HQ......one day!
Please come back and visit us again

Simone and the Habitat Team

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We booked for a four bedroom but I was pleasantly surprised to see that we're in a 3 bedroom! The staff were helpful too since we got locked out of our room thrice :) I also liked the toilet. It was big and I didn't have to wait to use it. It needed some rags tho it was so slippery! But overall it was a great stay :)

• Stayed: June 2014
habitatmanager333, General Manager at Habitat HQ, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hi,
Thank you so much for your review.
It is great that you enjoyed your stay.
I appreciate your feedback on the floor in the bathroom being slippery. We do currently apply a non slip cleaning product to the floors when we clean nightly, and I will follow up with a housekeeping team to ensure this is being done.

We hope to see you again soon