Review Highlights
Holiday and visit to St Kilda

What an awsome spot on the water , surrounded by beautiful cafes and beaches and parks , it’s a... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Kerri-anne H
via mobile
Iconic venue for an amazing events

CAT EMPIRE at the Palais. We had amazing seats, then sound was spot on and everyone was in the mood... read more

Reviewed 10 September 2018
Jo D
via mobile

All reviews perfect venue live shows jimmy barnes rolling stones art deco iconic venue luna park tram stop great location performance acoustics marais stage audience grandeur julio life
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Attended the Adam ant concert on Sunday 15 October 2017 - the theatre is absolutely gorgeous but what wasn't so great was the staff continually interrupting our good time dancing and enjoying the performance - they were telling us to sit down, to stop taking pics and generally being annoying. I had the third row aisle seat and I immediately sprung to the gap at front in between the aisles - nobody was impacted or inconvenienced by me being there yet I was told to go back to my seat , which I did. Shortly thereafter I was dancing standing up in front of my allocated seat and Lo and behold another power hungry bouncer type told me I had to move my foot, which was about 3cm in the aisle! What could have been the most wonderful concert I have ever been to was marred by the constant interruptions and nazi style law enforcement that took place, directed towards myself and many others - which I and most of the other people seated near me felt was unnecessary and intrusive. I do not believe there was any safety risk or inconvenience to anyone else so do not understand . To finish On a high note, The building is magnificent!

2  Thank Vic P
Reviewed 15 October 2017

The Palais Theatre was built by the Phillip brothers Leon, Hermand and Harold in 1927 and is a part of a turn of the century entertainment district. It started life as a pictures theatre and made a transition to live music. The Palais boasts of it's grandeur, the lighting and the quality of it's sound. Some of the world's best artistes like The Rolling Stones, UB40, Air Supply, Kenny Rogers, Beach Boys, Chris Issac, Tom Jones etc have performed. In November 2016 I visited the Palais to hear Julio Igleas perform and then Kim Wilde and Howard Jones. These are nights to remember. As of April 2017 Live Nation Australia Venues has taken on the Palais Theatre operation and restoration works. A must visit.

3  Thank apintolobo
Reviewed 22 September 2017

This venue is really a favourite of mine now. The other night was the 4th time I have seen Dream Theater there, and about the 15th concert overall. It is a stunning theatre. I would recommend Orchestra seats or Lounge in the first few rows.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

Was at St Kilda for the sunset and there was this building just beside Luna Park. The facade was elegant.

1  Thank Quack H
Reviewed 28 February 2017

This is a grand old Art-Deco theatre in a prime spot in St Kilda with apparently the largest seated capacity of any theatre in Australia. It is currently under renovation and due according to web sites to operate from April 2017. Having been to functions here in the past I recall its size but even from outside the architecture is worth a visit. Hopefully this majestic theatre is fully utilised.

1  Thank Oldjack