“Amazing food and fantastic service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lau's Family Kitchen
Ranked #9 of 280 Restaurants in St Kilda
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing food and fantastic service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Picked this place after readings reviews on TA and we were not disappointed. We have since visited Lau's 4 times in the past few months with visiting friends and family and every time it has been brilliant. The service is second to none, but the food is the real star. Fresh, light and full of flavour, completely different to most Chinese restaurants outside of China. The whiting, won ton and beef are stand out dishes, but we haven't been served anything that hasn't been good. Undoubtedly, the best Chinese food we've had and now we've found it we wouldn't go anywhere else.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Vic2486

• Hungarian first
London
“Fine, but I was expecting something more special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Just your average Chinese restaurant really. I read the reviews and thought this was going to be something special. But it really wasn't. It was fine and had I just been expecting a standard Chinese then I would probably have been very happy. But my expectations were set high and so this didn't really cut it for me. Nice enough though and the service was friendly.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rosebud
“Good ingredients but lacked flavour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The service was exceptional and this is clearly a popular place, however I was a little disappointed in my choices - the Sui Mai was good as was the Char Sui but overall it was a little too westernised. I had a duck entree that could have been chicken, pork or veal. It came schnitzel style, which wasn't how it was described and was pretty tasteless. The fried rice was soggy and tasteless. We won't hurry to go back with so many other great places nearby.

Brisbane, Australia
“Authentic, affordable, adorable!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Made a reservation and luckily so, because it was full at 7 on an ordinary Thursday night. Service was friendly, food excellent, small but adequate wine list priced well. It might be a little tricky to find for out-of-towners, so check your map first.
We loved it.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank ItchFeet58Australia
London, United Kingdom
“Hit the spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I walked in off the street to find exceptionally attentive service and really delicious food. I couldn't fault it. Jolly good. Go there!

• Visited March 2014