“Everything you need.”
other travellers have booked this property
Private garden courtyard view and cottage entrance
Fully equiped kitchen and breakfast bar with great garden views Lounge area including sofa lounge (extra long) and blanket box for bedding
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Private garden courtyard view and cottage entrance
Fully equiped kitchen and breakfast bar with great garden views
Lounge area including sofa lounge (extra long) and blanket box for bedding
King bed - can be split into 2 King Single beds - garden views, wardrobe and luggage rack
Lounge - new furnishings and system - smart tv, subscription channels, audio system, blueray & dvd
Bathroom - shower over bath and washer/dryer
Kitchen and breakfast bar with garden views
Split system air conditioning - breakfast bar - fully equiped kitchen
View from outdoor setting
Weber BBQ - with gas bottle - easy to use and even portable
Fish pond
100 meters to great hotel and public transport
100 meters to tram stop to city or beach
Wyndham Cottage is at the rear of the historic Wyndham Apartment buildihg
Lockable gate to the cottage provides security and privacy - motion sensor lighting and doorbell
Shower over bath
Kitchen and breakfast bar with garden views
King Bed Bedroom - can be split into 2 King Single beds - garden views, wardrobe and luggage rack
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

President...
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Everything you need.”
Reviewed 15 March 2016 for a stay in January 2016

My wife and I stayed at Wyndham cottage for 17 days during January 2016. It is every bit as good as the advert suggests. It is in a great location, 5 minutes walk from the trams to the city and the beach and very close to numerous bars, restaurants and a supermarket.
It is set just off the main road in a lovely private garden, so the best of both worlds.
The accommodation is spacious and presented to a very high standard.
Having the space and freedom that the cottage offers is so much better than staying in a hotel, it quickly became our home from home in Melbourne.
Andrew, the owner, couldn't have been more helpful and returned our deposit very quickly after we left.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Feeling we were in a home from home.
Liked least: Nothing negative to say
Elaine C
“Lovely secret hideaway in the midst of St Kilda”
Reviewed 12 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

I am so glad that we booked Wyndham cottage. It was the perfect base for visiting family. Spotless cleanliness, nicely decorated with everything you could need and more. Nothing has been left out from MYKI tram cards to parking permits. Opening the garden gate gives access to a beautiful secret garden which is great to relax in. Private and peaceful yet close to all the activity you could wish for. Andrew is a great host and always available to give friendly advice should you need it.
This was our first visit to Melbourne and we stayed 11 nights. There is plenty to do in the area with tram stop to the city or the beach just moments walk away. Melbourne is a great city to visit, accessible and friendly. We will be back and hopefully to Wyndham cottage

Greg F
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
“Fantastic cottage close to the action”
Reviewed 27 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

We had a fantastic time at Wyndham Cottage during our trip in December. My wife and two young kids stayed here for 3 weeks and were delighted with the location and quality of accommodation. Andrew (the host) couldn't have been more helpful and even had some Xmas decorations and chocolates ready for us when we moved in to the cottage.

The cottage was neat and clean and well equipped with everything we required. It has a lovely outdoor area that catches the sun but also has nice shaded area to keep out of the sun if required. It also has a BBQ to use if required.

My 4 year old son left his favourite teddy bear at the house and Andrew has been kind enough to post this back to Scotland for us - just one example of the first class hospitality and support we received.

I would highly recommend a stay at Wyndham Cottage - in summary...........nice property, in good location with first class hospitality.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Secluded but close to action
Travelling group: Young Children
Sauce91
London, United Kingdom
“Wyndham Cottage - Absolutely Fabulous!”
Reviewed 12 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

I stayed at Wyndham Cottage for 10 days, then returned for another 4, after visiting friends in the country. The cottage could not have been more perfect for my needs. Beautifully appointed, fabulous location, right in the heart of St Kilda, though very private and peaceful. Andrew was the perfect host! Nothing was too much trouble and he always responded immediately to any request or query I had and went out of his way to help.
I slept extremely well, as the bed is very comfortable. Having the laundry was very beneficial with lots of drying space in the gorgeous courtyard, which is also a great place to sunbake and entertain.
I will definitely be booking Wyndham Cottage again when I next return to Melbourne.

Liked best: Andrews help
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 50-64
Ollie7490
London, United Kingdom
“Great stay in St Kilda”
Reviewed 8 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

We spent 5 days at Wyndham Cottage and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The cottage is very nice, it is tucked away from the road and so it's very quiet, the bed is huge and very comfortable. The garden area and bbq was perfect for us as we live in an apartment and don't have this luxury at home. We also found the welcome pack very helpful, and really appreciated the Myki cards that allow you to travel around Melbourne on the trams, train and buses. There are trams and buses into the CBD a 2 minute walk out of the cottage, and St Kilda's bars and restaurants a 5-10min walk in the other direction, so all in all the cottage is very central. We highly recommend this place to anyone looking to stay in Melbourne.

Your age range 25-34
293lyndaw
Adelaide, Australia
“Wonderful Wyndham Cottage, St Kilda's best kept secret.”
Reviewed 15 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

I am so glad that I found this little gem on the Internet . My husband and I were planning a trip to Melbourne to catch up with friends and decided to stay somewhere close instead of staying with them. The photograph of the cottage enticed me to click on it and find out more and when I read the reviews and saw more photographs I was hooked. When I rang Andrew, the owner, he was just so nice and so helpful that I booked our week there and then.
When we arrived and saw the cottage inside we were delighted. A lovely big king size bed with quality linens, big fluffy bath towels, a spotless, well equipped kitchen and a quaint bathroom with a washing machine/ dryer. In one of the kitchen drawers I found a hand mixer and a stab mixer. Plenty of good quality pots and pans, a slow cooker and even a focaccia grill. Everything you needed to produce a great meal if you could ignore the call of the local restaurants, cafes and pubs. I forgot to mention the Mor toiletries,a lovely surprise for any woman that far surpasses the usual offerings in a hotel or motel. But it was the little, thoughtful touches that made us enjoy our stay even more. A selection of books and magazines, menus from the local cafes and restaurants, Myki cards that had bern pre-loaded,children's games we sighted in one of the drawers in the living room. Everything you need for a great holiday is there.
Andrew was so helpful, he couldn't do too enough for us. He sent me a message late at night to tell my husband how to record the rugby World Cup game he wanted to see that was on in the early hours of the morning, he came over to give us some extra towels as we were staying a week and so we didn't have to wash the ones we had used already.Nothing was too much trouble.
It was lovely to be able to invite friends over for champagne and cake for my husband's birthday. They were all very impressed with our little home away from home, especially the WeberQ and the outdoor setting in the garden. I was so relaxed at the end of our stay , the cottage seems to invite you to relax and unwind. We loved our stay and whenever we go to Melbourne, this is where we'll be staying. Our own private , quiet little oasis in a very exciting part of Melbourne.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The courtyard garden. It was a delightful place to sit and read or have a bbq with friends.
Liked least: My only problem, no full length mirror. Maybe Andrew could put one inside the wardrobe door.
Management Response
11 Nov 2015
Dear Lyn, thank you so much for your fabulous review, you capture and describe the cottage so well and it doesn't get any better for me to know my guests have enjoyed the cottage and my help as much as you clearly did. I also appreciate your request to have a full length mirror in the cottage, a great suggestion...so I did it! There is now a full length mirror in the wardrobe door and every time I look at it I will see myself but think of you! Hope you are able to stay again one day. Take care and fond regards...Andrew :o)
GRC47
Wellington, New Zealand
“A really nice little oasis. Ideal for catching up with friends”
Reviewed 8 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

Wyndham is an excellent cottage, very good facilities, clean & comfortable.
The private garden lounge & kitchen were excellent

Liked best: The privacy & overall ambience
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing