“A diary from a traveller” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A diary from a traveller”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

I have been to Indian restaurants all around Australia in my travels. I should say this one was the best after the one from perth. We were 5 people and we had the best time there.
We never expected such a warm and comfy indian place. Apart from the usual indian places the place was small still really good.. There wasn't any unpleasant cold welcome, staff was good and the food was excellent.
The people in there seem to love the place and it was the best part.
We had the rogan josh and one of their speciality along with butter chicken and korma. It was tasty. We also had the tons of tandoori. It was filling and loved it.
Will definitely go back when i get back to melbourne and st kilda i love u. Tandoori I love u more now..

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Wauchope, Australia
“A lovely little restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2008

We stumbled upon this restaurant on our first night in St Kilda while staying just a few doors up the road. The service was fantastic, very friendly. The standard of the food was excellent for a suburban Indian restaurant. I would reccommend the mixed Tandoor entree, the Tandoori lamb cutlets were very flavoursome. It's many many years since I've had such good Indian food, particularly Tandoori.

There was a big screen in the main dining area playing a Bollywood movie, no sound, just subtitiles, which is a little confusing in the song and dance numbers! However it was a great distraction for our son who spent the night reading the subtitles. I don't think it would be overwhelming for anyone who wanted to chat, but terrific if the conversations gets a little dull ;-) .