Lazy River Motor Inn
Paddle Steamer Motel(Swan Hill)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$117
US$128
US$120
Murray River Motel(Swan Hill)(Great Value!)
US$81
Best Western Burke & Wills Motor Inn(Swan Hill)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$108
US$120
US$111
Sun Centre Motel(Swan Hill)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$74
Agoda.com
Best Western Travellers Rest Motor Inn(Swan Hill)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$96
Travelocity
  • Pool
US$104
US$101
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstayed herefree wifiroom was spotlessone nightspa roompioneer settlementbedstownrevamppressureunit
Reviewed 6 January 2014

What can I say? The stay at the hotel was ok BUT it was when we left that the drama started.

When I booked this motel via booking.com I requested a double bed and single bed. When we arrived we were given a double bed. I immediately went to the front desk and they said that I need to pay another $12 for a single bed because I only stated there were 2 of us staying. No problems here, I paid the $12 and got the room I ORIGINALLY requested.

A few days later I was going through our bank statement and noticed the motel deducted the $12 twice. I called and I have never dealt with such a disgusting lady in my life! She charged us another $12 for my baby to stay. My baby slept in OUR cot with OUR sheets. She started to become quiet aggressive with me and said I was dishonest. I explained the circumstances with the bedding and she said it was something we had to work out with booking.com. Regardless of the disagreement I explained that her deducting money from anyone’s credit card is theft! Not once did I authorise this payment and by any means this is not legal! The awful lady screamed down the phone saying she would refund me the money (obviously because she was wrong), told me never to come back and hung up on me! Absolutely disgusting!

Regardless of location, price, cleanliness, I would never stay here again or recommend anyone too. If you do, watch your bank account!

Room Tip: Dont stay here or pay cash so they dont take money from your credit card!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Leeann K
LazyRiver0350322123, Manager at Lazy River Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

This person’s booking was for 2 people. I have a copy of the booking from the online booking agency which clearly states double or twin share room. As the booking was for 2 people, with no mention of preferred bedding configuration, the booking was allocated a double room by the computer site she booked with which is standard procedure. Had there been a request for a twin share room one would have been allocated. No children were mentioned in the booking. They were changed to a twin share room when 1 child was declared. Upon seeing 2 children another charged was applied. Motel owners have every right to deducted from credit cards for damages, theft & undeclared people, if we didn’t take credit cards for this purpose lots of people would think they could get away with all sorts of things.
When the call was taken about the extra $12 being taken it was explained that had we been told of another child sleeping in a cot the charge would not have been applied or taken. The $12 was reimbursed immediately after the call.
Even though we were not the cause of the problem the person states “Regardless of location, price, cleanliness” they have still rated everything at the lowest end of the scale, that’s says volumes as the rating of everything else has nothing to do with booking a room for 2 people when clearly there were four. It is a very sad that honest people trying to provide a good service can still cop the blame even after resolving an issue they did not cause.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed in the luxury of a room with a hot tub for a very reasonable price, so can not comment or judge other rooms. This room did not disappoint. Everything was as stated and pictured on Booking.com including the free WiFi. Outside pool would have been good if it had been hot weather. Parking was conveniently right next to our room. Check in/out were efficient and staff helpful. Were just staying the one night on our way through Swan Hill, but would stay there again if going that way in future.

Room Tip: Rooms near the highway might be noisy, our room was towards the back next to the caravan park and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie D
Reviewed 30 November 2013

A lovely motel on the Murray River. Friendly and helpful owners. The motel was clean and fresh. Conveniently located. The room was in good repair, freshly painted, clean, new carpet, functional and all the appropriate motel necessities and niceities were available.I was travelling as a solo woman and felt safe. Definitely recommend it for your stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Our third stay at this motel on the Murray River. Friendly and very obliging owners. The motel was clean and functional. Convienently located to the beautiful Murray River, fruit bowl and viticulture area around Swan Hill. While the facility is aging, the room was in good repair, functional and all the appropriate motel neccecaties and niceities were available.Definitely one to recommend for value, location and service.

Room Tip: All ground floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ULLRICH W
Reviewed 11 September 2013

i stayed here whilst visiting my girlfriend over the weekend in swan hill. the location is great and the room was very nice. we had one with the jacuzzi in it which was pretty sweet. the room was very clean and had a tv, fridge etc. staff were friendly when we checked in and everything was great. Id definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple