“Close to Pioneer Settlement” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Campbell

Comfort Inn Campbell
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Swan Hill
Melbourne, Australia
“Close to Pioneer Settlement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

We spent a night here mid week. We found our rooms to be clean & well laid out. The beds were firm & comfortable. Breakfast arrived at the time we requested, with a friendly telephone call to warn us it was on its way. Reception friendly. Although our bedroom faced the main road we were not disturbed by noise.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

I do stay here for business reasons and have done so for 4 years or so, I have read some recent past reviews and must say that I've not experienced those events, I must admit I've never used it as a holiday base and or that concept I'd look towards some of the caravan parks and their cabins, different rises for different rises, as they say?
The different rooms I've stayed in have been clean and comfortable, bright & cheery, but I used them for a good night's sleep etc'
On my latest visit I presume there are new lessee's here and the service was lovely BUT what I was rapt in was the $15/day for an IPod with full Internet access - Bloody Brilliant, an excellent offering, every other motel should offer the same, "Good Marketing" guys....

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed in one of the 'fully renovated' deluxe rooms and paid $130 as a corporate rate for one night.
Although the room was quite modern, it seems as though the renovation was of very poor quality, as paint was peeling from the bathroom door and didn't seem to have that really 'fresh' feel.
I also arrived to find that the toilet had not been cleaned properly prior to my arrival (water had some questionable 'floaties' in it), and the bathroom taps had hair on them.
I accessed the free Wi-Fi internet, but it kept dropping out which got a bit frustrating.
On the positive side, it was nice and quiet, the bed was comfy, and the TV had good reception. It is within walking distance to everything in town, and has a nice looking restaurant on site, however we did not eat there so I can't comment on the quality of the food.
Staff were really nice, and we were given a small bottle of fresh milk on arrival (a nice change from the usual UHT milk provided at motels), and the rooms had complimentary shortbread & tea/coffee/hot chocolate satchels.
It was a lot nicer to stay at than some of the really 'dated' country motels, but don't expect to be blown away by the 'fully renovated' rooms.

Room Tip: For an extra $10 a night, I would say it is worth it for an upgrade to a 'deluxe' room
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Lakes Entrance
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

We booked the Comfort Inn Campbell because the website said their rooms had been fully renovated - It lied!! My husband especially asked about the renovated rooms when we booked, it was a Deluxe suite thinking(and paid more for it) we would get one of the best rooms, as you would, but it was the worst room in the motel. There were marks all over the carpet, half the lights didn't work, there was the last guests pair of thongs still under the bed; the vanity in the bathroom had a cigarette burn on it and to top it off the bathroom hasn't been renovated since it was built, probably 30 years ago. And they have the nerve to call the Deluxe suite their best room in the house, what a joke!

Room Tip: Don't book a Deluxe Suite.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Louise P
Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

We have stayed in a lot of hotels/motels in several countries and this stay will be remembered but not in a positive way. After stepping into the room (two bedroom unit) I immediately went to reception and asked if we had the right room as it did not look like the renovated room on the internet. I was told that it was indeed the correct room and that it had been renovated? (he said looking rather confused) I think he meant renovated over the last 20yrs. The vanity surround in the bathroom was chipped (not a good look) and the bathroom was old fashioned and tired and when the sun dissappeared, the bugs arrived on mass. It was very hot and thankfully there was an airconditioning unit in the lounge and main bedroom but none in the second bedroom which made for a very uncomfortable night for our son. The room faced onto the main road and was very noisy but I'm not sure what they can do about that except install triple glazing. We would not stay at this motel again unless it is completely overhauled and mondernised.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank ozherbert
Geelong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

There are plenty on offer in this town. I have tried most. I have settled on this one and stay here 5-10 times a year for work.
Stayed in the 2 bedroom apartments for space, they could do with a refurb but are clean and neat.
Onsite restaurant is trapped in the 80's for decor but food is honest and tasty.
Whilst we don't have much to do with owners or managers other than hi and bye - can't complain or report any dramas.

• Stayed July 2011
Bendigo, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

Stayed twice in October and November 2010. The rooms were nicely renovated, spacious and clean. I have to comment on the other reviews and say that you must believe that the manager unfortunately got someone unpleasant in to manage the place as the experiences we had with the male and female managers and the staff in the restaurant were all very good. They arranged our lunches for us and charge backs for several different restaurants in swan hill and we also ate at the on site resturant a couple if times which was nice and decent value. It's on the main road but I didn't find it to be noisy at all.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business