“Great place to spend a night”

Comfort Inn Campbell
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Swan Hill
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We booked a deluxe room as the weather forecast was for heavy rain and wanted a pleasant place to spend time in if we couldn't get out. The rain was torrential so we were grateful for a warm room that was spacious enough to have a couch at one end so we could watch the footy in comfort without feeling hemmed in by a small room! Free wifi is a bonus and I liked the built in desk and chair provided for the lap top. Very comfortable bed and I appreciated the provision of a small coffee plunger to make a decent cuppa. As the deluxe rooms are away from the road, it's very quiet. Very welcoming service by Graham at reception and the room was warm and cosy. Great location midway between the CBD and Pioneer Museum, so you can walk to either. I would definitely recommend Comfort Inn Campbell for a night or two and would return there. I felt it was good value for money.

Room Tip: If you are likely to spend some time in the room, it's worth paying the extra for a deluxe room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I stayed at this motel while on business to Swan Hill over a period of three days. It was my first visit to Swan Hill and I had read the previous reports about the property. I did have some concerns about a particularly bad review, however this appeared to be completely out of context with other reviewers who have given the property very good reviews. I must say, I was completely surprised at the quality of the property. I had to stay for three nights. The room I had was clean and well maintained. I paid a little extra for a deluxe room which was at the rear of the motel and away from the road. The internet was by way of WiFi, it was free and average in quality, but that may have been because of Swan Hill's poorer internet quality, but I was able to complete my work. The motel also offered an Ipad for hire. I haven't seen this before and thought it was a good touch. The restaurant was open from Monday to Thursday only, so I was ale to get a meal each night I was there. The food was good, and I would especially recommend the Rib Eye Steak. it was only about $31 and in Melbourne I would be paying $40 to $45. Overall I would have no problems recommending this motel to other travellers, and I will definitely be using this as my base when in Swan Hill next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2013

What a great motel. We arrived late at night, but that wasn't a problem. We had contacted the motel beforehand and they offered to wait up until we arrived, which was about an hour after their normal closing time. We were greeted with a pleasant hello, an easy check in, a cute little bottle of fresh milk. The man at reception, who I found out was he owner could not have been more helpful. He even took a late breakfast order. When we went to our room, it was very well presented and very clean. The only downside was that it was an upstairs room, but it was worth going upstairs. The next morning, our breakfast arrived and was cooked exactly as we requested, again by the owner. When we checked out, we asked directions, and the manager took every effort to supply us with a map and clear instructions, as well as a couple of tips for our travel. I could not fault this motel or our stay.

Room Tip: he room we had was upstairs, but it was exceptionally clean and very pleasant.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I've stayed at this property numerous times over the past 4 years and should be there within the next 2 months and it's very consistent every time in regards to quality. Management are intensely committed to servicing the guest, looking for any edge to entice and maintain guests, whether this be by modern appliances (like large flat screens, dvd players etc) or services like free movies etc. Every room I've stayed in has been very modern, spotlessly clean and frankly of a higher standard than virtually most other regional motels. In fact I think the average person might be surprised to find that the rooms at this motel are actually of a much higher standard than they might expect of a regional chain motel. I travel extensively throughout SA, VIC and Broken Hill and this property certainly ranks in the top 5 in my list.
I've not used the pool so can't comment on it other than it's always spotless and I have had dinner a couple of times in the restaurant and was very satisfied each time. Actually it's quite a quaint and airy little restaurant that perhaps I should use more often when there but I certainly can't think of any negative in regards to food quality, service or ambience. Actually a few of the other hotels in town don't offer a restaurant so this is a good bonus for travellers.
In conclusion I've never had a negative with this property over 4 years and in fact as someone who travels probably 70-80 nights per year I can honestly say it's one of my preferred stops simply based on the standard of the rooms, the property in general and the management's constant attempts to provide a quality product and experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are very clean and I believe all have been fully refurbished. Personally I'd prefer a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Stayed in late February, arriving late from Mildura, a warm welcome was great, thoroughly enjoyed the quality of the food in the restaurant, being on business the 2 room suite was a great place to spread my laptop/IPad & printer out and do the late night paperwork, brekkie and the papers were delivered on time and complete with the morning papers, they also went out of their way and at very little cost helped me through some Internet hiccups I had [my IT problem... :-( ] and sorted some printing issues out on their equipment, so much of a help which just made my next day so much easier.
My suite was cheery, tucked in the corner, clean and very presentable - No issues at all...

Room Tip: My corner suite was noiseless and car parking directly in front was great
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We arrived late at night. We did have diffiduculty finding it as the sign lighting was off... Drove straight past it and into the opposition hotel - also called the Comfort Inn Lady Augusta which looked very nice and was easy to find! Alas the nice owner directed us across the road to our correct lodgings. Hard to find in the dark when you're tired. Back to the room:- neat clean fresh and well presented. Hot water, stocked bar fridge & nice fluffy towels.. Happy to go back and happy to recommend to others, just hope they have put the light bulbs back in the big sign out the front for the next travellers to find a bit easier! Happy travels, cheers Chris & RJ

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We spent a night here mid week. We found our rooms to be clean & well laid out. The beds were firm & comfortable. Breakfast arrived at the time we requested, with a friendly telephone call to warn us it was on its way. Reception friendly. Although our bedroom faced the main road we were not disturbed by noise.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple