“Never judge a book by it's cover.”
Review of City Gardens Motel

City Gardens Motel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Traralgon
Mornington, Australia
“Never judge a book by it's cover.”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I recently needed accommodation in Traralgon for work. A collegue drove me around town showing me various motels and pulled up outside the City Gardens Motel. To be honest I almost told him to drive on; from the road its not much to look at. Thankfully I went insider and met Julie who showed me a room and that was that.

The rooms are spotless and comfortable and the friendly service from Julie and Peter could not have been better. Nothing was too much bother from requests for earlier breakfasts to the way I liked my eggs.

I spent roughly 10 nights at the motel over 3 weeks and happily recommended the place to two other work mates who also enjoyed their stays.
Cannot recommend the City Gardens Motel enough.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Peter S, Owner at City Gardens Motel, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thanks Bob: It makes the hard work worthwhile when someone takes the time to say how much they enjoyed their stay with us. We are glad we could make it memorable. Peter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
melbourne
Reviewed 18 July 2013

A gem of a hotel in Traralgon.. A bit older than some but well maintained and spotlessly clean.Staff were friendly and helpful and obliging moving me to a family room rather than upstairs...Beds were so comfortable and I slept really well - unusual on the road as a business travller. No meals but fairly close to town, hot and cold breakfasts available and mine was served promptly and with a smile....great value and great service

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Surrey, England
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband and I along with our 6 month old daughter stayed here on an over night stop off to break up a long journey before we set off to Tarra Bulga national park which is approx 45 minutes away by car up a huge mountain range along narrow winding roads. This journey is not for the faint hearted and be warned, there are no crash barriers along the entire route and very little opportunity to turn around once you are on the road up/down. Probably would not have gone with our daughter if we had known this. It is a sheer drop down. However, the views are breathtaking and the rainforest walk was great. Worth a trip if you can stand the heights? Back to the City Gardens motel: it is ideally located within Tragralgon and is ideal for a short budget break. The double room with ensuite shower was very clean and spacious enough for our daughter's portable cot. The decor is old fashioned but has a few unusual quirks like, an old fashioned radio installed in the sink unit which, is next to the bed. However, this was not a problem and made us laugh because after becoming parents it was good to feel young again by seeing something that was invented way before our time.
Julie and Peter made us feel very welcome when we arrived and did their best to make our short stay as comfortable as possible. Would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank no1chocoholic
Traralgon
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This family run motel is a gem, very tidy, lovely outlook onto the maple trees and short distance to the town centre (without being in the middle of it). There was no noise, no stress, no hassle and the owners really looked after me and ensured I had everything I needed. Lovely Julie was very happy to order me pizzas, look after my bags and generally ensure I had a great stay. I definiately recommend this motel to anyone for short or longer stays. Great value, totally worth it!!

Room Tip: I liked the room just off the outside stairs, easy to come and go and there was no noise. It was als...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Peter S, Owner at City Gardens Motel, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thanks Elise.
Good to hear that you enjoyed your stay at City Gardens. It was a pleasure having you stay
Moe, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. The room was the cleanest I've ever stayed in and very comfortable. Price was very affordable. The location is fantastic, a nice walk into the centre of town. We will definitely be staying here again. We would and will be, recommending this motel to anyone who needs accommodation in Traralgon.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We stayed on the Queen's Birthday weekend and the following weekend as my mother-in-law was ill at the Margery Cole Nursing home nearby. The rooms are spotless and immaculate, and you receive country friendly service.

There are two levels and with explaining our reason for staying and needs, they did there utmost to ensure we were comfortable and could come and go as was required.

Have recommended this Motel to others.

Room Tip: There are two levels
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Peter S, Owner at City Gardens Motel, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
Thanks Deb. I'm glad Julie and I could make your stay a comfortable one. Peter
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 March 2013

After a hectic week at work, a weekend away with friends was made all the more wonderful thanks to City Gardens Motel.

Peter and Julie were magnificent hosts - kind, warm and helpful. You won't find friendlier!

My room was terrific value for the price I paid. Not only was it very clean, there is also access to Foxtel and a very comfortable bed which gave me the best night's sleep I've had in ages!

Highly recommended for those in town for the weekend, or staying longer for business.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
CitygardensTraralgon, Owner at City Gardens Motel, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Thank you for your kind words. Julie and I will always go out of our way to make sure you enjoy your stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Traralgon
Best Western Governor Gipps Motor Inn
#1 of 8 in Traralgon
Century Inn
Century Inn
#2 of 8 in Traralgon

Been to City Gardens Motel? Share your experiences!