“Over rated and over priced.”
Review of Pickled Pig

Pickled Pig
Ranked #4 of 115 Restaurants in Warrnambool
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Melbourne
“Over rated and over priced.”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Service was poor, we had to keep asking for table water. Some plates cleared before we had all finished.
Steak was not as they said it would be cooked

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Rafflesinaus
PickledPig, Owner at Pickled Pig, responded to this review, 5 February 2015
good morning, you have dined with us back in july, could you please give me a call at the pickled pig on 55613188 thankyou, brenton

“A little disappointed ”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We were spending the weekend in Warrnmbool and tossed up going to the Pickled Pig or Nonna Cosalingas. I sort of wish we had of chosen Nonna's as we were a little disappointed with our food.

The restaurant space is beautiful, nice decor, staff were friendly.

Unfortunately as I was pregnant at the time of visiting there wasn't anything I could safely eat from the entree menu. I asked for the lamb cutlets but requested if the Jamon could be removed- apparently everything was already prepped and this would be too difficult?

Onto the mains- a little on the average side. My husbands steak was to be medium rare as the waiter had suggested it done this way. It came out Medium to well done which was a shame as the meat quality was nice but too well cooked.

My fish was perfectly cooked and crispy skinned but both our mains came with what was a pre-prepared type salad and veg which really took away the fine dining experience. I'd expect this sort of food preparation from a gastro pub but not a high rating restaurant.

The dessert was a little confusing. I ordered the cookies and cream cake which was just a normal chocolate cake. It had been slightly heated. It was dry and perhaps a bit on the stale side with a whole heap of sugar on the side? Not sure where they were going with this.

Overall not bad but needs a bit of fine tuning.

4 Thank Dainsyandjeff
PickledPig, Owner at Pickled Pig, responded to this review, 5 February 2015
good morning, at the time of your dinning, the restaurant was being sold, if you were ever back in town and would like to give the new owners a go, please call me on 55613188. we are happy to show you what fine dinning should be like. we are the new and improved pickled pig, thanks Brenton
Warrnambool, Australia
“Another wonderful dinning experince”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Yet, another great dinning experience at Pickled Pig with our friends 1st experience for them. Great relaxed atmosphere, service was spot on and food was brought out at right timing. Staff had good knowledge of food & wine. Our mains were cooked to perfection, tasting plate was great way to awaken taste bubs with a black pig martini finish a delectable meal. Well done again, we will be back. Rainide

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Lorraine d
Williams, W.A
“Great Food Great Service.”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Ate at the Pickled Pig May 2014 had a great dining experience. The menu although small was a good selection & wide choice. We both shared each others meals to gain the best dining experience.
Well done to the owner operators for a great place to enjoy a quality meal & evening out in Warrnambool.
We are both ex Warrnambool Chefs, now in W.A. Thanks for the night.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Deborah H
Warrnambool, Australia
“Special occasions”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This is my favourite restraint in Warrnambool and never let's us down. We recently attend for my birthday celebration with my family as usual we were all delighted with our meals with flavours bursting in our mouths. My husband arranged a birthday cake which the waitress brought out to me and the whole restaurant joined in singing me happy birthday. The waitress advised that we could have the cake as our dessert but we all decided to have dessert and take the cake home. Pickled pig never fail with there meals and awesome wines. Thank you and I'm sure we will be soon

• Visited March 2014