Stayed here four nights and I have to say that is more than enough. The hotel is nice, clean and staff is really friendly but Maafushi itself is not much. Many shops are closed down and not a lot of restaurant choice. Thankfully The Blue Lagoon restaurant at Whiteshell offers enough choices anyway. There are excursions available on a daily basis which gives a nice touch. There are also two dive shops on the island, so good for divers as the reefs are good!
Make sure to bring cash, as there are no banks, no ATMs here. If you travel with an Amex card you are out of luck as Whiteshell does not accept.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WhiteShell Beach Inn is a distinctly designed hotel in Maldives located in Maafushi Island, 30 minutes away from the Airport. WhiteShell is the only hotel right on the beach in Maafushi. We provide affordable accomodation with all the comfort, so that travellers can enjoy the beach, sun and the sea of beautiful Maldives. While you stay at WhiteShell you can experience the local community life in Maldives, as Maafushi Island is an inhabited island near the capital. Guests can enjoy local and international cuisines at the Blue Lagoon Restaurant at WhiteShell, where breakfast, lunch and dinner are served with experienced staff. WhiteShell organizes various excursion to guests, including snorkeling, picnic island, diving, catamaran, jet-ski, fishing and dolphin watching trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your WhiteShell Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whiteshell Beach Hotel Kaafu Atoll
- WhiteShell Beach Inn Maldives/Maafushi Island