Extremely friendly staff and people in general, the friendliest staff we've ever met!
You have the possibility to get in touch with local culture and take excursions at an affordable price. The food was good - also for the kids. The lagoon was lovely and the reef just 30 - 40 mt off. The position is directly on the beach.
Because of the sea erosion there are sand bags outside the hotel, but this is unfortunatly a problem all over the islands, so you find them everywhere, also where the resorts are.
The island is inhabited but the people are quite tollerant, better not to go around with a bikini if not on the beach, in the village a top and a pair of shorts are fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WhiteShell Beach Inn is a distinctly designed hotel in Maldives located in Maafushi Island, 30 minutes away from the Airport. WhiteShell is the only hotel right on the beach in Maafushi. We provide affordable accomodation with all the comfort, so that travellers can enjoy the beach, sun and the sea of beautiful Maldives. While you stay at WhiteShell you can experience the local community life in Maldives, as Maafushi Island is an inhabited island near the capital. Guests can enjoy local and international cuisines at the Blue Lagoon Restaurant at WhiteShell, where breakfast, lunch and dinner are served with experienced staff. WhiteShell organizes various excursion to guests, including snorkeling, picnic island, diving, catamaran, jet-ski, fishing and dolphin watching trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your WhiteShell Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whiteshell Beach Hotel Kaafu Atoll
- WhiteShell Beach Inn Maldives/Maafushi Island