Beachwood Hotel(Maafushi Island)
US$81
US$63
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$72/night.

Venturo(Maafushi Island)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$79
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

Arena Lodge(Maafushi Island)
US$86
US$68
  • Breakfast included
Summer Villa Guest House(Maafushi Island)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$47
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Stingray Beach Inn(Maafushi Island)(Great Value!)
US$64
  • Breakfast included
Kaani Village & Spa(Maafushi Island)
US$122
US$118
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
White Shell Island Hotel & Spa(Maafushi Island)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$62
  • Breakfast included
Arena Beach Hotel(Maafushi Island)
US$157
Trip.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssea viewmagic mikebikini beachsun deckother hotelswonderful hotelcandle light dinnerdive schoolcoconut treesbest hotel on the islandfishhotel organizeslocal islandmale airportno alcoholhotel staffdolphin watching
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is the largest chain on MAAFUSHI island with good reputation by travelers, also run its own speed boat for between airport to the island. The high rating on this hotel attract me to stay with one of them, but It was a little disappoint with some basic function in room. I think the difference between my points and others is that most travelers may focus on the appearance of the room, but ignore the basic and useful functions.
Yes, the room on the island is recognized nicer, more modern or luxury, but I think the some facilities in my room is lack of user friendly. Especially about the desk (or table ) and lighting which are basic but important for me.
This is the first time I spend so much word talking about a table(desk) for a hotel room because the most hotels don't have such problem on this point.

In my room there is a small desk (only table in room) which are located the corner in front of the closet. At beginning I didn’t know why they put a table almost attach to the closet, but latter I know there probably is the only space can set up it. Table is small. I don't mind about small, but there are other problems.
1. No any power outlet or sockets near the desk, no matter the back, the bottom, the left or right , actually no power outlet on the entire wall of the same side.
In the other words, you can't use electronic devices with the table, and you can't even put electronic devices on it for charging. Put your device on the desk and charge power at this position is impossible.
Where is the power outlet? the wall opposite the desk and near the bed. By the way, There is no lighting above or near the desk. If you use the original position, you have to use the table in the dark. Well, why don't we move the desk ourselves ? I have tried, but that is difficult to get right place and quiet dangers.
I can't find any other appropriate location for it, with neither lighting or power. There is almost no place to set this desk near the out let, near the bed. if you don't mind to block the refrigerator, you may try it.
when I try to move the desk, I even find a bigger problem, the safety.
This desk just a simple combination of a piece glass and a weak wooden rack. The heavy glass directly placed on a light weight, unstable, simple wooden stand (table leg). not fixed with the stand. The stand is relatively tall and weak, so if this desk wasn't placed at the corner or attach to the wall. it could be very shaky, unstable. because the design, the piece glass is very easily sliding or falling. It is not hard to see a table with a glass table in a hotel, but most of them are low-angle coffee tables, or with relatively stronger and more stable base. This is not. I can say this desk is the most sloppy design I ever seen. especially for those who have active children, watch out, avoid to hit the desk, and don't run inside the room.
2.Power outlets
There are only 3 power outlets in the room, 2 on both sides of the bed, the other one is in bath room. If I stay with an extremely budget hostel, I would not complaint about the cheap configuration but most of time the cheaper hostel even have a better format then this nice hotel.
it seems that all the electronic devices have to used only on the bed. Maybe you don't think that is big deal in the paradise Maldives. Well, why we bring so many devices to here? and why we care about WIFI ?
The speed of WI-FI was Ok, not as expected fast, but it does not matter if I can use a desk.
3. Room lighting: There are only a few(2 or 3?) built-in recessed light inside of ceiling ( strong bright hard spot light onto the floor with very limited size range and strong beam without much reflection) . it mean either too bright in the spot range, or too dark outside the range. The Lighting locations are not thinking about in where are the quest need of light such as reading or do some thing. all room is relatively dark, and it made me hard to find a place for reading . Under the spot light, I can only read for short time because I can't sit down and the light was too strong .

4, the air-conditioning in my room is not cold enough. It has some functions but it is not cool enough. set 18 or 25 are the same. it could be malfunction by insufficient refrigerant or leaking that air-con never reach the setting temperature and compressor never stop,. It could cost a lot money on power form hotel if it not fixed

Since they have three hotels on the island, Kanni are able to self organizing tours themselves, I participate in this hotel's night fishing trip, the entire boat did not catch fish. Only the crew caught two small fish. I might catch two or three times , but when I pulled up, the fishing wire were all broken. the strength may not be strong enough to catch a bigger fish. The package is including a very simple dinner (a plate rice with a little side dishes), cost $ 30 is not expensive, but may be not so fun. Another 3 point half day snorkeling trip are way bette.
Actually, On the MAAFUSHI or any other local islands, each hotel will actively promote their own trip itinerary, and also hope to hire the tourist from other hotels guests. However, during the low season, the hotels are often co-ordinate among the hotels due to the join . The prices are not different and the quality is not much different.

The pros are: Room is clean, the bathroom is clean and nice, nice amanites with toothbrush, the bed is comfortable, the room looks very atmospheric with more expensive wooden floor.

Room Tip: Use US dollar in this hotel is better then local currency
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank poorluxer
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From the beginning, the reservation manager’s very helpful to answer all my question and concern about my stay, the snorkelling tour and airport transfer. He did answer email very quickly in detail.
Rooms are a bit outdated, but with that rate it's ok for us. The hotel's location is just next to the beach and close to the pier, so it's convenient to walk.
Staff are very friendly and helpful, their snorkelling tours are well arranged, but it's a bit hard for me, as a non-swimmer.
Breakfast is so so with nothing much to eat, however, buffet dinner outside is really good with good price.
The inconvenient things are the room light too dark with two broken bulbs, and the airport transfer is not so professional. Guest do not have life jacket, and we try to find under the seat but can't find one. It made us feel tons of nervous and worried.

Overall, 5 star for the staff and their kindness. However, rooms are not so good, and life jacket should be provided on board.

Room Tip: Room from the back has no sea view, however more quiet
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great hotel, good food. The hotel is near bikini beach. Tour services were perfect.
Mr. Pathum and Mr. Ismail were very helpful.
But Kaani Lodge in Male city was terible. Rude receptionist, dirty room. We would never come back.
Here is the rude receptionist

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Huyen N
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Its the second time we visit this hotel, just because we really loved our stay and the island so much , the first time. Even though we were there during Ramadan, it was still a wonderful stay.
We had a room on the 5th floor, what a view! The room was very clean and in good condition. Naveed, the HK colleague, was absolutely amazing - when we checked in I had noticed a bunch of books behind the reception area, and I was offered a book that was not in English so I returned it to the receptionist. Not even 1 hour later Naveed knocked at our door, with 3 different books, in English, because he noticed I looked at the books when we checked in- isn't that genuine pro-activity!

The chef at the omelet station in the morning did a wonderful job at remembering what we liked , and even if he was very busy he still had a big smile on his face. The breakfast options are always diversified and delicious.

The staff is getting better and better at understanding their guests needs, they genuinely care and put a lot of effort in everything that they do.
Lastly, Mr . Wasantha , the Reservation Manager, does a wonderful job at meeting with Guests , answering all their questions and ensuring they have a memorable stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

While before booking this hotel I was really worried about some of the bad reviews it had. Overall, after completing our honeymoon trip I must say it was excellent and beyond expectations.

Remember you are going to a island country somewhere in the Indian Ocean so never expect the service that you get in a European City.

If you are prepared to enjoy Maldives I must say it has everything. This hotel ( combined with its two sister hotels) has excursion tours, special events and pools etc which you can use or attend without any special fees.

Food was great but if you hate Indian (or it’s type) food, please don’t go to local island instead go to a luxury resort.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple