“Stingray Beach inn hotel is the best”
Review of Stingray Beach Inn

Stingray Beach Inn
Reviewed 1 August 2014

i really like this comfortable hotel!!! with a good location close to a sea! There is very nice atmosphere where you feel like home. All rooms are clear and nice :) When you have free time you can relaxing in a hammock in a courtyard of the hotel, for instance. I often did it :) The most important thing is a restraint there! I think it's the best cuisine there! I really miss about fish steak! Yummy! My regards to all the best cooks of Stingray! And I know that tourists (from another hotels) went to eat in our hotel. This's great!
I appreciate deeply all staff there! Thank you a lot!!! Especially a great manager is Ibrahim!!! He definitely loves his job! Thank you a lot!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Ibrahim M, Manager at Stingray Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear tati,

It has been a real pleasure to have you and your friends with us and I am extremely happy to read your review today.

I am ever so glad you have enjoyed your holidays and that we were part of your meaningful experience & truly hope we will be welcoming you back ot our back to our little paradise in the near future.

warm regard :)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Maldives is stunning! The locals are nice and friendly, especially the staff of Stingray Beach Inn. The rooms are very clean and cozy. We never ran out of towels. The place offers a lot of activities and excursions to choose from. Thank you Ibrahim, Ismail, Musa, Ali, Younus and all the stuff of Stingray Beach Inn for making our stay worthwhile. You guys are amazing. Will definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear RoueGrace,

Thank you so much for the kind words.

I am very glad to hear you have enjoyed your holidays on our beautiful island and surely hope we will have the chance to welcoming you back here sometime soon.

Your comments and words of encouragement will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence.

Warm regards :)

Reviewed 25 May 2014

It was a first time going to Maldives and we all enjoyed staying in Stingray hotel. If planning to go to Maldives, Maafushi island is very good for value so please do not expect the same island as you can see on pictures from resorts. However we experienced a tasty food and clean and modern rooms for very good value of money. There are the options booking trips to the luxury islands and also plenty of water sports, night fishing etc. It is a muslim island so wearing the swim costumes is strictly prohibited however you find some beaches that allow tourists to wear it. This hotel is not located on the beach but a few meters from the beach so there is a need to walk. Hotel is very cozy and very friendly. The hotel is perfect for tourists, young people, money savers, short term staying but I think that if you are really looking for paradise, honeymoon or some special occasion I would look for a different place. The property is bricked up so you cannot see anything around. I do not recommend it for families with children as the hotel is small and everyone can hear every noisy that may be a bit annoying for others. We do recommend the staying anyway as service, manager (owner) was very helpful, informative and had all well organised when it came to guests.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2014

It has been more than a week that we are back from Maafushi, Maldives but the hangover of the wonderful place is still there. My wife and I were on our honeymoon and stayed at this very lovely, homy and cozy guesthouse. We were welcomed with a surprise as our room was well decorated for the honeymoon couple :)

The manager Ibrahim, in charge of guest relations Ismail and the entire staff at Stingray Beach Inn were extremely nice and helpful. They helped us with almost everything including planning on our excursion trips. They suggested us a good souvenir shop and got us some discounts too.

As for the room: It was very clean and simple and had everything you need. The aircon, fan, tv worked well. The room service was good.

We were a li'l concerned with the food as we both are veggies but the kitchen staff took very good care of it and prepared us some really good breakfast during our entire stay.

Ibrahim also arranged the local Bodu Beru dance during our stay which we thouroughly enjoyed.

I look forward to coming back again and experiencing another pleasant, restful and fun stay in this guesthouse. Many thanks to Ibrahim, Ismail, Yunnus and the rest of the staff for making our stay a very nice experience!! :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maahi2014
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Last week I have spent a week’s vacation in Stingray Beach inn on Maafushi, Maldives. We have had a wonderful time. As for the room: it was clean, simple, but with everything you need. Airco and fan worked well, which was nice with the heat. The hotel only has ten rooms, which makes it very cozy. In the intimate patio (with hammocks and even a Jacuzzi!) you feel at ease. The hotel restaurant serves great food, we had dinner there every day! Furthermore it has to be mentioned we had the best host ever! Ibrahim, the owner of the hotel, is very kind and helpful and is always there to be of help. The beach is just a small stroll away for the hotel. Be aware that this is a fenced off beach for the few tourists and only there bikinis are allowed. On the rest of the island one should respect the local customs and laws, and be covered up. Also be aware that there is no alcohol allowed on the island due to religious beliefs and laws. But if you can’t do without, you can always have a drink on a neighboring resort island. It is absolutely worth it to make some excursions the surrounding islands. We went to the resort island Rihivelli, which was really nice. Great beach and sea (very shallow which was great with my 1.5 year old), and we actually saw many dolphins swimming around the island. All in all, it was an absolute great week in Maldivian paradise and I will definitely return to spend another vacation at Ibrahim’s Stingray Beach inn!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Titika
Ibrahim M, General Manager at Stingray Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Titika
Greeting from stingray beach inn.

We are very delighted to read that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us and the team has done a great job to make your stay pleasant and memorable. I will definitely share your encouraging message to the team as your feedback is an inspiration to help us to serve our guests better.

I truly hope we will be welcoming you back to our little paradise in the near future.

Warm regards

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is a wonderful cozy inn (like others also in the island) with very friendly staff.
At first I was a bit disappointed with Ibrahim as he asked for quite high sum for sped boat transfer. But their service has definitely won my heart.

Pros
Very good service: the staff are really helpful and accommodative. In absence of Ibrahim, Ismail took good care of us.
No frill with lot of feel: they lent us free snorkeling kit with fin for our island hopping and also beach towels.
Wonderful food
Big room
Good selection of music
Very cozy, homely atmosphere.
Cons
Expensive speed boat transfer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FloyDroid
Ibrahim M, General Manager at Stingray Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear A B M Washi U

We would like to thank you for your wonderful review about us on Tripadvisor following your recent stay.

The team and I are looking forward to having you and your family back to our little paradise in the near future.

Best of Regards

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I just returned from Maafushi, Maldives, and already miss it greatly. My friend and I truly enjoyed our stay in this lovely and very homy guesthouse, which is 3mn walk from the beach. Maafushi island is experiencing a mushrooming of modern hotels nowadays; it was therefore very refreshing to stay in this cute, clean and green place, where the entire staff is really doing its best to make you feel at home. The garden is full of palm trees... and hamacs. There is also a jacuzzi guests can use for free...
When we first arrived to Maafushi island by speedboat, we were personally met by the manager, Ibrahim. Along with his other colleagues, they walked us to the guesthouse and offered us a welcome drink (a yummy watermelon juice... so refreshing!). Afterwards, they let us settle in our rooms, and it is only after 2 hours that we got to sit down with them and settle the bill.
Ismail, in charge of guest relations, informed us about all teh various activities we could do in neighbouring islands. We were also briefed about the Maldives.
One of the highliths of our stay was the cultural evening that is held once a week at the guesthouse, by a local group of young men. Very rythmic! Make sure you don't miss it...
I look forward to coming back again and experiencing another pleasant, restful and fun stay in this guesthouse. Many thanks to Ibrahim, Ismail, Yunnus and the rest of the staff for making our stay a memorable experience!! :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Segma

It has been a real pleasure to have you and your friend with us and I am extremely happy to read your review today.

I am ever so glad you have enjoyed your holidays and that we were part of your meaningful experience.

My team and I remain at your service at anytime and we all look forward to having you back in the near future.

Warm Regards :)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maafushi Island
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Mald...
#1 of 1 in Kandoomaafushi Island
#3 of 53 in Maafushi Island
Crystal Sands
Crystal Sands
#6 of 53 in Maafushi Island

Been to Stingray Beach Inn? Share your experiences!