“Yummy as!”
Review of Josephines

Ranked #22 of 146 Restaurants in Bunbury
Price range: US$12 - US$31
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Bunbury, Josephine's has a longstanding reputation for serving high quality food. For 35 years this family business has offered delicious and authentic Italian food along with a great selection of seafood, meat and chicken dishes. A dessert menu featuring homemade desserts is also available. With it's Mediterranean feel and relaxed atmosphere, Josephine's is the perfect choice for couples and groups and welcomes families with it's kid friendly menu.
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Amazing pasta. Great prices. Vegetarian options. Staff were professional and attentive. Definatley go there!

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Dined here on March 28 for dinner with my husband and 3 children. Dinner was lovely I always favour the chicken parmigiana and it did not disappoint. Husband had the special Beef Cheeks and he LOVED it. Staff were attentive but not over the top and atmosphere delightful. THANKYOU for a lovely rare night out.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

so the misses orders a veal scallopini because its her fav, however the veal was very tough and unchewable, instead of sorting the bill for us we were told they will contact their supplier .

piss poor .

1  Thank bunofoodie
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic authentic Italian feast as usual great service, great food, cold beer what more can you ask for standing the test of time 15+ years we've been dining here.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Josephines is a really nice restaurant with a good European room/table setting which creates a really nice and relaxing atmosphere.
I appreciate how all the big tables are all placed in the back area so when you come as a couple, you can still talk to each other without having to yell!

I don't really know where to start this review as I don't know if I am satisfied from last night's meal or disappointed.

Let's be honest, it is simply Italian food that anyone could cook in 5 minutes at home. What I mean is, you get a variety of pasta dishes and the classic scaloppine (thin veal) and let's not forget about the "Aussie Touch" with some classic Australian seafood dishes.
The menu is not different from any other Italian restaurant. The prices certainly are different though.
The wine list is not impressive for a restaurant of this class. The choice of wine by the glass is close to non-existent.

I am not obsessed with prices as I don't mind at all paying $40 for a main, but that's if I get the dining experience expected from this price too!

We shared the "Hot Antipasto Plate for 2" which was one of the best antipasto plate in town. Between us, if you have an average person appetite, this plate would be enough for 3 or 4 people if you want to keep space for a main and a dessert.
We both ordered the Chicken Josephines which was good but in the end it is just a big piece of chicken cooked around 1 piece of ham and 1 slice of Brie. My partner loved the potato gratin, I wasn't impressed. In my opinion it tasted like a frozen potato gratin and without the sauce all over the plate, I think the potatoes would have been completely tasteless.

The male staff members were friendly. On the other hand, the female staff members were really judgmental and not nice (not rude but they didn't give us a nice vibe).
Sorry woman, we may be a young couple in our twenties but we can afford an expensive meal if it is worth it and you don't need to judge us by how we look. Some people were eating with hoodies/sports pants so the staff shouldn't be so snobby about it.

I would like to point that overall, the service was really pushy and not impressive.
We were barely sitting for 1 minute, we've been asked if we wanted to order drinks 2 times already. After refusing twice (not because we didn't want to drink but because we wanted to take our time), they just took the wine list away. (we didn't even have time to open it)

It was so pushy, we were almost kicked out within 45 minutes. For $120 for 1 entrée, 2 mains and 2 glasses of wine, it was an expensive and disappointing experience.

We didn't try the desserts as we were full after the mains.
To add to the details, for a restaurant of this class, I would expect actual cloth napkins, not paper napkins which make the table look really poor and dodgy.

To make this place better, they should hire the staff members from Nicolas.

Overall, the food was good but not impressive. I would not particularly recommend this place as you may end up disappointed if you have a minimum of expectations when you eat out. Don't let just the good looking plate overtake your dining experience/judgment.
I would come back another time, but certainly not in a hurry.

For a similar experience, I would recommend to go to Nicolas instead. I have never been disappointed there, the meals are more affordable, the menu is more interesting, the atmosphere more relaxed, the wine list epic and the staff fantastic.

2  Thank JeffyZeFrench