“Not so good this time”

Ranked #41 of 146 Restaurants in Bunbury
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Mantra Bunbury Hotel you'll discover why Australia's south west is famous for gourmet food and world-class wine. Located in the hotel lobby is Silos Restaurant and Bar, described as “one of Bunbury's best kept secrets”. Enjoy a cocktail at the bar before settling in for mouth-watering modern Australian cuisine. Our chefs use fresh, local produce to prepare delicious breakfast, and dinner. Just a few metres from the hotel is Bunbury's famous cafe and restaurant precinct where you'll find something for everyone; relaxed cafes for a casual dinner with the kids, wine bars for a catch up with friends and fine dining restaurants for the ultimate romantic night out. And of course there's nothing better than a night in with friends on your balcony, taking in sweeping views of Koombana Bay while you sip on a glass of West Australian red and feast on a platter of local cheeses.
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

We've eaten here before, and it was impressive, but this time, something wasn't there. We had dinner, my partner the fish, and me the chicken dish which was quite bland. My partner enjoyed the fish.
The desserts were excellent.
What let the experience down this time was, the female waitress made me a terrible Mojito, and forgot the alcohol part, too much lime, was not enjoyable. I didn't say anything. She also seemed unsure.
Last time we came the wait staff were incredible, and knowledgable.

2  Thank Carrie433

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We dined here on the 28th of December as we were staying at the Mantra.
It was just my husband and myself and it happened to be my 40th birthday, it was a fantastic place with great food and service.
The menu is smallish however we had no trouble finding plenty that appealed to us and I could quite easily to work my way through the menu.
It is not cheap but we found it to be good value for money as we prefer quality to quantity.
The service was fantastic and that is becoming rare now adays so is always appreciated.
I would probably not bring my children here as it didn't strike me as that sort of a place but for couples or small groups it is a truly lovely dining experience.

1  Thank 1Gorby
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Tthe restaurant staff were fantastic and got a table set up in no time. They were friendly and very helpful. The food was great, we mostly ordered from the waffle and pancake menu and everyone was happy with their meals.Would love to try the dinner menu soon.

2  Thank TheSumiMasens
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We dined here on 28th Dec as we were staying at the mantra.
Highly recommended, the service was fantastic, the meal wonderful.
It was not cheap however they were generous size meals and although it wasn't a huge menu we had no trouble finding something we liked and I'm quite sure we will go back and work our way though the menu.
Good to find great food and service.

1  Thank 1Gorby
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have visited bunbury for work a number of times now and have eaten at many of the restaurants in the area. Silos is by far a step above in regards to quality of meal. Relaxed environment, well constructed dishes.