“unhappy experience”
Review of Danny's Restaurant - CLOSED

Danny's Restaurant
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Danny's is located in Victoria St overlooking a lovely leafy park. Dinner on the balcony in summer is enjoyable, while the clear blinds and the heaters keep everyone toasty warm. Seating is also available inside. The balcony can be used for parties up to 30. The food is quite varied , there is something for everyone on our menu.
Reviewed 1 September 2013

booked in early for a family dinner.
The staff were very welcoming and helpful, returning regularly to provide more drinks, replace water and so on
Things started well and we had bruschetta to start - delicious, followed by assorted entrees of soup, salt and pepper prawns and mushroom dish. There was a mix up with the soup and the one chosen wasn't actually on that night, the replacement was fine however. The entrees were all tasty and quite large, all approx. $20 each.
For mains we chose surf and turf, rump and curry. The curry was very tasty, the meat melted and it came with rice, naan and dip, The surf and turf was cooked as requested but had very few veges on the side.
The rump was disappointing. It was huge and looked good but had lots of gristle and even the use of a steak knife didn't make cutting it any easier. Unfortunately it couldn't be finished.
On telling the waitress why it had been left, she spoke to the chef who replied it was tough because cooked medium rare. Now we asked for the other steak to be medium rare but not this one. Also it is no excuse to be serving up gristly meat.
After a huge discussion - not pleasant in a busy restaurant - the cost of the rump was dropped and we paid for the remainder of the meal (about $230). If we had stayed for dessert we would have had a bill topping $300. We are happy to pay for quality and return time and again to great restaurants (check out my other reviews).
We won't return here, this experience was way too disappointing to ever try repeating. It was one bad dish out of the seven we had there but had a huge impact on one member of our group and that is why it is unacceptable.
Interestingly, the restaurant was very full with lots of different people - I don't know why

1  Thank mrswinendine

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Great night out. Prices more like Dunsborough area than Bunbury. Food excellent. Wine choice limited but good. Service good. Definately coming back

Reviewed 14 August 2013

On a rare night out we decided to try Dannys Restaurant Bunbury,
for Entrée we ordered a 12 raw oysters, when they were put in front of us, they smelt a little unusual, anyone like myself who has eaten FRESH seafood for 30+ years knows it should smell like the ocean or fresh....anyway I ate 3-4 they tasted OK, upon turning around my plate to eat the others they had a strange stink about them...being cautious as anyone would be with RAW oysters we calmly explained to the waitress they smelt off...she took the plate away...minutes later a waitress returned with oysters and quite bluntly n with a raised voice explained there is nothing wrong with oysters as the chefs have tested them and there is nothing wrong with them....OMG,,,how did they test them with their fingers and noses all over them....OMG...she inisited on giving me bck the oysters...no replacement foods...no replacement oysters...no apologies....no refund... NOTHING....I insisted NO I am not taking the chance, especially after the plate had disappeared from my view....unbelievable,,,,so we went on with the Mains....upon leaving the restaurant my husband n I remained calm....the waitress was now the cashier...she was very rude and said the owner n the chefs would not give us any refund as I had touched the oysters so NO refund...she also said the chefs had years of experience and oysters were not OFF....what ever happened to smiling, apologising and refunding....so RUDE,,,,my husband offered to pay for half of the oysters...but NO....very rude we paid over $200 for a meal with bad service and yuk oysters....not happy campers....maybe if we had off been rude, yelled n offensive we may have got an apology.....very very disappointed, .......

3  Thank lizzybeec
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Service was ok, waiting staff friendly and attentive, but what I don't understand was having different size and shape wine glasses on our table even though my partner and I were drinking from the same bottle of red. I noticed this was the case with most tables...bizarre! Food was average, really nothing special for the price you pay. Wine was reasonable though. We wouldn't rush to return simply because the food was a let down.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Waited 3hrs or more for average expensive food. When we complained we had waited nearly 2hrs between entree and main we were told they didn't start preparing mains until 30mins after collecting entree dishes from table as people should linger over the meal! Arrived at 6.30 - left at 10.30 tired and annoyed. Mix ups with our coffee order didn't help. Embarrassing evening entertaining business contacts.