“Enjoyed our stay again”
Review of Hotel Lord Forrest

Hotel Lord Forrest
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Bunbury
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at Lord Forrest again on the weekend and this time with a bit more time up our sleeves enjoyed an excellent meal at Alexander's, I think this restaurant is a well kept secret in Bunbury. We also enjoyed a buffet lunch and breakfast over the week end and Clinton made us welcome each time. The room was clean and tidy and while it seems a bit tired they seem to be Renovating and updating. Location could not be better walking distance to shops, beach and good coffee. We will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach side view preferably with the view of light house
There are newer reviews for Hotel Lord Forrest

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We recently stayed here for an overnighter for my birthday, we loved the parking at the back so easy, the lovely Marianne in reception was so polite and friendly, and Scott's bar was a great place for a drink or two. Our room was great on level 5 we had terrific views of the ocean and a great spa although looking a little tired which is understandable considering how old it is, however the wifi was an issue, we rung for passwords to set up our 2 iPads, when I needed a little advice as to why I had no internet after connecting fine? The acting manager ( as I was so abruptly told) Carmen told me to walk around the room until I got a signal? No sorry never heard of that before mind you her condescending manner did not help the situation, after being told that she had too many people waiting in front go her she could not help me and if I had a problem I should walk down to the reception and try to connect there, which was not very helpful, some people are just not made for customer service I guess.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight on my way to Perth. Room was clean and comfy and really spacious. Dinner was really good and new menu was interesting. Also great location in relation to city Centre. Pleasantly surprised, would definitely stay again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Perth6OOO
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Staying in a hotel in your home city tends to see expectations rise a bit higher than usual. We probably judge a bit harder as we really do want the hotel to perform well. I'll start with the negatives.
1. When you walk into the hotel you are immediately hit with an almost overpowering smell of chlorine. It is as if you have walked into an indoor pool centre. The smell is due to the pool being right inside the main atrium area. 2. It gets hotter as you get higher. Stepping out onto the 4th floor and it feels as if you are in a tropical jungle, very hot and stuffy. I think this must be due to the heated air rising from the pool. The room was also quite stuffy and needed the aircon cranked up to make a difference, even though it was cold and blowing a gale outside. 3. Not a lot of soundproofing from the room next door or the road outside. We had an ocean view room, which was great, but I would have thought there would be less noise from the road below as we were 4 floors up. 5. Bed - a bit hard.
Now the positives. 1. Location - If you want to be central to the town centre within 5 mins walk of all good restaurants and eateries then this is the place. 2. The room was spacious, clean and exactly as advertised. Ocean view was nice. 3. Breakfast buffet - if included in the room rate, it represents fantastic value. 4. Big points to the reception. Very friendly and helpful, all with a smile. A lot of other hotel reception people could learn a lot here.
Overall, I was very happy with our stay and would be happy to recommend this hotel to other travellers.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Lord Forrest with a group of friends for a two night period. The staff were extremly attentive and proffesional and the hotel amenities were clean and modern. I would reccomend anyone to stay here when visiting Bunbury.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My sporting club stayed recently and I was blown away with how professional and attentive the staff were to our needs, the rooms were modern and very clean, on site bar was a great place to hang out. Our boys especially liked the indoor pool and spa.

I would highly recommend the Quality Lord Forrest to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I recently stayed at Quality Hotel lord Forrest for a short term sporting trip with friends. On arrival, check in was streamlined and prompt by friendly staff. The rooms were clean and modern, and had a great view of the Ocean from our balcony.
Great value and a tasty and convenient breakfast in the morning to top it off.

Would highly reccoment this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends