“Geez this is good food”
Review of The Happy Wife

The Happy Wife
Ranked #7 of 149 Restaurants in Bunbury
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I'm always satisfied when I eat here.... the food is scrumptious so much flavour.... just brilliant... thankyou :)

1  Thank Rosemary F

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

This was the second time I have been to the Happy Wife. Met my girl friend here for lunch a couple of years ago, so we decided to meet here again as we are both currently following a gluten free vegan diet. The place appeared to have had a renovation (paint, decor and table/ chairs) since we had previously visited and it felt fresh, clean and funky. We were able to get a table at the front which was near the open window where could enjoy the fresh air. My tummy had been upset so I ordered the lemongrass and ginger tea - Devine! Just what the doctor ordered. We both ordered the vegan plate and although the overall presentation/ taste was rather bland there was a good selection of ingredients. The hummus was rather interesting in terms of texture however this did not affect the taste. The epitome of this taste plate was the beetroot relish. ABSOLUTELY KILLER! Love it... The staff were friendly and efficient (especially the young female barista) and this made our lunch five stars.

1  Thank DharmaTraveller08
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Had lunch with my husband after playing croquet. Great food served quickly and efficiently at a good price. Pumpkin and goats cheese tart with rocket and Apple with date chutney. What a treat!
Husband had Middle Eastern style poached eggs with Turkish Bread and roasted tomato chutney. He described this as " rather nice".
Coffee was good. Therefore a very pleasant lunch.

1  Thank Ausani
Reviewed 28 July 2017

I do not drink coffee or tea (yes I know I am a freak!). To make it even more embarrassing I am a middle aged lady. So when people want to 'meet for coffee' I can only hope they do a freshly squeezed o.j or a nice hot chocolate (my substitute). Today was a horrible, stormy, pelting-with-rain kind of day and this place was STILL packed; a salute to its local following! The hot chocolate was so good I had to tell the manager how impressed I was. He said they actually make their own chocolate which would explain why it tasted so unbelievably good. The Berry and Chocolate Friand I had with it was also exceptional and my bill was a very reasonable $8. Why would you even bother going anywhere else?

1  Thank Lisa V
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

My husband & I enjoyed brunch here today, it was scrumptious my hubby had the Boston cheese dish with beans, chorizo & poached egg...the toasted bread that accompanied this dish was delicious, it had butter & cheese on it, delicious! My brunch was amazing too, i chose the roasted pumpkin, Fetta , avocado & poached egg on toasted Turkish bread , it was divine...this is one of my favourite cafes, last time I had the honey mustard ham with eggs benny...amazing!! I enjoyed a lovely Chai latte there this morning too, I will definitely be returning

1  Thank Michelle B