“Cosy”

Batavia Coast Caravan Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Geraldton
Batavia Coast Caravan Park
Perth, Australia
“Cosy”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The grounds are neat and tidy and even though the chalets are basic, the no frills accommodation was just what we needed after the big drive. The laundry was handy and even when they had no powder for sale at the kiosk, the helpful gentleman went to his place and get me a couple of scoops to use for the morning. The playground and grass area for our twins to run around in was used well during our 2 night stay. Definitely not the prettiest place to stay but the amenities and service made up for it. A great little place for a rest. Especially love the "honesty" fruit box which was available in front of the kiosk.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We had 8 guys staying in one of the Chalets for 1 night. The accommodating staff put in 2 extra beds in the lounge to help us out. We had good cooking facilities, gas stov,e so we could cook up a big batch of food for the Peace Run team. It was quite spacious and served our needs well.
We recommend this place for its good value for money. The friendly staff make it so much easier to have a good stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank PeaceRun
here
Reviewed 6 June 2013

What can I say, the worst park in Australia, Staff, Management, Owner.... more like a home for the criminally insane. And the fly's... the are horse paddock all around the park and the fly's were never ending. The bed sheets were the wrong size for the bed, and when we finally got the right size, they had foot prints on them, like someone had worked on them. What a bump.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Harry_T_Logan
BatCoastCVanPark, Owner at Batavia Coast Caravan Park, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Harry T Logan – We are flattered that after, what, 3 or more years, we still hold a place which warrants you to speak of us. I would use your real name however that would be unethical of me given that you wish to hide. I will however point out that you are a disgruntled ex tenant that had his own coaster bus on a site. You were told by me to leave the park due to your uncooperative, aggressive behavior.
Tis a sad life that some lead.
Karen Appelbee

Travellers are raving about these Geraldton hotels

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We can't fault this professionally run caravan park. We rented a powered site foir 4 days for our camper trailer. One aspect we liked was the mesh stretched over the sandy ground which makes setting up a camper trailer tent so easy. There were huge shady gum trees, green lawns and well-maintained facilities. The showers were great, the toilets always clean, and the camp kitchen well equipped. Staff were friendly, and nothing was too much trouble. The management have a sense of humour too attested to by the sign warning of the dangers of drop bears and the weather forecasting rock If its wet, then it's raining). We made friends with the horses in the adjacent paddocks, and there was no need for an alarm in the morning as the galahs roosting in nearby trees woke up and started bickering before 6:00am.
The city centre was only a 10 minute drive away, but other shops were much closer and we were able to obtain a few items to modify our camper trailer without difficulty. It was relatively quiet and we ha no problems sleeping at night. We would certainly choose to stay here again if we are passing through Geraldton. And it wasn't expensive!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank J C
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We originally booked to stay here on a powered site for 2 weeks, but ended up extending it to 4 weeks.
The price got cheaper the longer we stayed which was a good surprise.
Large toilet block which was clean & plenty of space. Toilets even had hygenic toilet seat wipes to use.
The permanent residents of the park were friendly, staff were friendly. Large grassed area towards the back of the park with kids playground and an off leash dog exercise area.
Nice swimming pool & campers kitchen with BBQ, hotplates, microwave, fridge/freezer, DVD and large flat screen TV. Only thing missing was an oven but this seems to be the norm in campers kitchens we have come across so far in our travels. Just as well we have our own.
Location was good, can see the ocean from the caravan park towards the back of the park. Not far from major shops, about 5 minute drive. 10 minutes to town centre, which has great kids playground with water playground also and nice beaches.

If you are travelling with tents and camper trailers etc be aware that it can be quite windy with gusts up to around 70 km/hr in bad weather days as we experienced a few days while we were there.

All in all, very pleased with the park and would stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank clairenandy69
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Omg!! I have just read all these reviews!!
Where do these people think they are staying?? At the duxton.. ! It's a caravan park.. ! I have lost count of how many times we have stayed here & every time has been great!! With staff even staying up to meet up when we arrived at 11pm..! The only thing I could say is that's it little pricey..! But since I have checked out others it's pretty average..

Every time people ask where am I staying & I tell them, they always say " yeah that's real nice there"

Don't know what all these people are talking about !! :)

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Angelikahtyeesha2003
BatCoastCVanPark, Owner at Batavia Coast Caravan Park, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
LOL...WOW....Thank you for such a great review and for your support.

In this industry it is extremely hard to satisfy every ones standards, especially now that caravan parks are actually compared to hotels and motels. I do believe the majority of caravan parks try to set good standards and are mindful of what travellers want/need. It is but a few that expect a caravan park to offer what the ritz hotel offers :)

Your review is very much appreciated and I can only hope that those that use sites like Trip Advisor realize that there is always two sides to a story.

Karen
Reviewed 22 April 2013

As a person who works all across WA I have stayed in a lot of different types of accommodation, I was horrified as we walked into the chalet we had booked for the week. The rooms had a damp mouldy smell and were about the size of a sardine can. The rude staff should be ashamed of how they treated us and our concerns as paying customers. Clearly from previous reviews I am not the only person to believe this, the manager should stop trying to worm their way out of the valid complaints and begin to fix what in my opinion is the most disgusting excuse for a business I have ever encountered.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank Customer1993
BatCoastCVanPark, Person who handled situation at Batavia Coast Caravan Park, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Firstly I would like to say thank you for your review. Reviews allow us to better improve our service to customers. Constructive criticism is always welcomed.

Now in response to your review I would like to point out the following

1) When you initially booked the accommodation, it was after you viewed our website and chose which unit you wanted to stay in. This was a unit with no toilet and shower and no linen supplied, of which you were fully aware. Upon arrival, it is my understanding you decided that you wanted something with these things supplied, so you upgraded to a chalet.

2) You upgraded to a chalet. You then came to the office stating that the accommodation was not up to your standard and you wanted a refund. At this point you stated that the reason you had booked with us was because the place you normally stayed was unavailable at the time. May I point out that you chose us over 4 other caravan parks in Geraldton.

3) I advised that it was our policy not to give refunds purely because you had changed your mind. I also pointed out that our booking policy was everywhere, ie. our website, our emails, a notice in the office. You claimed you where unaware of our booking policy. To which the owner who took your booking, later advised me that this was not strictly true.

4) When I asked you what was actually wrong with the accommodation, the response was that there was no shower and toilet, to which I pointed out that the new unit had this. It was then said that the new unit was too small, to which you were offered a bigger unit at no extra charge, this you refused and demanded a refund.

5) At no point during the process did you say anything about any room having a 'damp mouldy smell', as previously stated, the only two complaints you voiced were that the first room had no toilet and shower and that the second room was too small.

6) To say I should 'stop trying to worm my way out of valid complaints' is inappropriate considering the 2 complaints you voiced, 1 was through your own misjudgement however we accommodated you by moving you to a suitable unit, and the other I attempted to fix, however you had no interest.
How is offering a solution to the problem 'worming my way out of valid complaints'?

7) The end result was I kept a cancellation fee to cover staff costs and you were refunded the balance.

8) It is not I that was rude, nor is it I that should be ashamed of myself. In the end I gladly gave a refund as I did not want to subject the staff to the hostilities and rudeness that you displayed in the front office.

9) For someone who has 'worked all over Australia and stayed in a lot of different accommodation', I would have expected better, and I would have expected honesty. Being that you are representing the company you work for, it is the companies reputation you are putting on the line.

Shame on you!