Batavia Coast Caravan Park
Mantra Geraldton(Geraldton)
US$226
US$216
  • Pool
Best Western Hospitality Inn Geraldton(Geraldton)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$104
US$140
US$130
  • Pool
Geraldton Backpackers on the Foreshore(Geraldton)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$112
Zebras(Geraldton)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsunder new ownershippowered sitecaravan parkcamp kitchencommunal kitchenswimming poolserirabbitstentsitesamenitiestoilets
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The positives
Dogs allowed
Both people we spoke to in reception were very friendly and helpful

The negatives
Fly screens falling off or missing
Dirty coffee cups
Toilet leaking
Exhaust fan in bathroom caked in grime
Flat/lumpy pillows
Bunk beds screws dangerously loose
Lounge area is one old cane chair

Possibly one of the worst places I have ever stayed. Maintenance and cleanliness are way below standard. At $115 per night they are very poor value for money. I can't believe the local visitor centre recommended this place to us. I would have complained but seeing the response from management on trip advisor to other complaints I didn't bother.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angela R
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed a few nights over the Easter long weekend on a tent site. “A quiet retreat” as advertised it is not. If you want a relaxing weekend and good night’s sleep, this is NOT the place for you. I understand that the Easter long weekend will be a busy time for the campsite but after having complained more than once, on more than one night, about the excessive noise from family groups, it was clear the management didn’t give a stuff about policing their noise policy. We, and others that we talked to during our stay, were fobbed off with “yes I will walk round at 10.30pm and remind people to keep the noise to a minimum” but it never happened. Not once did we see management walk around and ask the repeat offenders to show a little consideration to others. I witnessed pots & pans being washed up in the ablution block, revolting! How anyone is supposed to brush their teeth or wash in the sinks when it’s blocked full of dis-guarded onions and tomatoes is beyond me. More signage is needed in the ablution blocks as a deterrent. The camper’s kitchen is disgusting, it’s dirty, the equipment is old and rusty, the place is a health hazard and we didn’t use it once. People were smoking in the kitchen, around the kitchen area and around the pool area. This is the 21st century people, get your act together! NEVER, EVER AGAIN.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Moonshine42
Reviewed 8 January 2014

was booked in for three nights husband got very sick I did not ask about refund policy as I was looking forward to our stay with our grandson for three nights, I asked for a refund but was refused and told it will be in credit as we are in our 60s I don't know if we will travel again, but was rudely told no refund. as if I would want to stay there after this treatment.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank bomich
BatCoastCVanPark, Owner at Batavia Coast Caravan Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Below I have given an extended version of the events that occurred.
You rang and cancelled your booking the day before you were due to arrive. We had held this booking for you for a couple of months I believe. You requested a refund and were advised that as you had cancelled only one day before arrival, no refund would be given, as per our cancellation policy. It is my understanding that you were not too happy with this decision and got quite heated on the phone. The staff member advised you that she would pass a message on to upper management.
You continued to ring and berate staff to the point that conversations were ended by staff hanging up the phone. No rudeness was displayed by any staff when explaining the outcome of the situation.
When I spoke to you, I explained our cancellation policy and I explained the reason why we had it. I advised that under your circumstances whilst I would not give a refund, I would put a credit against your name for future use. Being that you informed me you were originally from Geraldton and that you had family here, it was logical that you would visit Geraldton again, in which case the credit would be better than losing the money. You would not accept the credit note and said you did not want it as you would never come back to Geraldton.
You have since called again requesting that I send you a credit note in the mail.
The Cancellation Policy that you chose not to consider when making your booking is as follows
A $20 fee applies to all cancellations. If more than 14 days’ notice is given, the balance will be refunded. If less than 14 days’ notice is given, the balance will be refunded only if the accommodation is re-let.
The accommodation in this situation was not re-let. I offered you a credit to which you refused. I quote from your review “as if I would want to stay there after this treatment.” Unfortunately the decision has now been made that it is not in the best interest of the business to re-issue the credit due to your distasteful view of us.
Whilst I understand that you disagreed with my decision, unfortunately it was a business decision made according to policy. We have to have policies and procedures in place to protect the business and it’s income. My cancellation policy is a lot friendlier than many other places and it is designed to be fair to both client and business. We understand that circumstances change and situations change unexpectedly and where possible we try to accommodate, hence why I offered you the credit.
Sincerely
Karen Appelbee

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Terrible management. We travelled with a toddler only to find him out the from of our chalet with cigarette butts in his hands,pubic hair from previous visitors in the bathroom and main room. For a quick,cheap stay i still expect cleanliness to a little standard. I will never recommend this park. We chose to keep traveling, did not stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Amanda D

Thank you for your feedback. I would now like to give readers further enlightenment of the situation.
Upon your arrival you stated that you had decided to keep travelling and could you have a refund. You were advised that no refund would be given. You expressed your displeasure with the answer and said that you would stay.
You made a complaint after you had been in and out of the unit for a number of hours and it was made upon your departure. After you departed, 2 staff members inspected the unit you were in and found the complaint regarding pubic hairs was unsubstantiated.
In conversations held after you left, you then gave more complaints.
Your complaint regarding the cigarette butts I believe was valid and I apologized to you for this. I asked if you had been offered an alternative unit after you complained and you informed me that you did not give the staff member a chance as you were too worked up.
Standard practice is to move the client to an alternative unit, usually upgrade at no charge if possible. This can only be done when a complaint is made upon arrival, not when a complaint is made on departure.
It is unfortunate that your experience with us was not to your satisfaction, but in all honesty I do believe the only satisfactory outcome to you would have been the refund you desired.
We are a caravan park. The majority of our bookings are made in advance to which we require full payment 14 days prior to arrival to secure the booking. Reason being is that we have many people wanting the same accommodation on the same date. To take a booking without payment means we turn away others, if the client then fails to show up, we have lost income. I hope that is understandable. To show up on the day of check in and cancel your booking expecting a full refund was illogical.
I would like to point out that I did agree to a partial refund after a conversation with you however I then discovered that the different account of events that you were giving to different staff members led me to believe that your further complaints to me were fabricated in the hope of getting a refund. I then made the decision that no refund would be given.
I expect a high standard of cleaning from my staff and when I am notified otherwise, heads roll as they say. I am a cleaner myself and have set up procedures to the standards I personally have and when I stay in accommodation I too expect it to be clean, no matter what I pay. Unfortunately and realistically, not everything is perfect every time and when someone has a genuine complaint we can only apologize and try to amend the situation. You did not give us the chance.
Each situation regarding a refund is dealt with on an individual basis. No two situations are the same. There have been times that I have allowed refunds to go through despite our cancellation policy. Given the circumstances surrounding the event, to have given a refund would have been bad management on my part as it would have created a loss of income and in fact a rise in costs as the unit needed to be cleaned after the time you spent in it.
I am sorry you disagreed with our cancellation policy however it is in place for many reasons. And I am also sorry that you have portrayed in this review that it was our park that made you keep travelling when in actual fact that decision was made before you even arrived.
Sincerely
Karen Appelbee

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed for a couple of days on a massive sites, trees have drop bears with warning signs (great for kids made me smile every time I seen it), squeaky clean amenities, dogs had their own exercise area with equipment for training, safe and looking on to horses, everyone so friendly, would come again in a heart beat.

Room Tip: Don't miss this gem
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple