“The best bar and food in geraldton”
Review of The Provincial

The Provincial
Ranked #13 of 91 Restaurants in Geraldton
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Provincial Lounge Bar is a contemporary urban style bar in Geraldton. Meals are available Tuesday to Saturday from 5:30. The Bar Menu is served from 4:30 pm featuring wood fired pizza and light meals. A good selection of beer, cider, wine and cocktails are available till the late hours. Late Night Pizzas on Fridays & Saturdays till 11:30pm Great music is part of the magnetic atmosphere at The Provincial Bar every night. If your visiting Geraldton, The Provincial is a must experience.
Geraldton, Australia
“The best bar and food in geraldton”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The food is fresh and exciting very tasty not a huge menu but something for everyone also good for kids for an early dinner the pizzas are great very authentic the fish and chips were the best live tasted friendly staff a really nice vibe about the place cool decor I could have been anywhere in the world certainly a step up to everywhere else in town that seems to be stuck in the 90's as far as food and decor are concerned well done !

• Visited March 2014

“Disappointed”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Previously we visited the Provincial in the afternoon and found the menu was restricted to mainly pizza. We enquired as to why and were told the full menu was available during the evenings.
We returned at a later date for dinner, the staff was friendly. We were seated and handed the menu. We were thrilled to see all items were available. We spent some time deciding which meals we were going to have and after a short time went up to order our meals - only to be told that it was not a full menu - MAINLY PIZZAS AGAIN. Would have been nice to know when we were handed the menu. Our observations are that the owners are running the business to suit their needs - NOT - those of the customers!!!!!
Advice for customers - confirm what is on the menu before getting settled. We went elsewhere had a wonderful meal, the full menu was available.

• Visited December 2013
Perth, Australia
“WAnted this place to be very good.”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The bar is better than average but still needs something to make it very good.
The staff are very personable, polite and welcoming. It's a very groovy bar for Geraldton and deserves patronage - I really hope its successful.
The entree dip selection was about the best dip selection I've ever had - big call - but tasty, salty and fresh, the pesto dip (?) was amazing!
I had the pork for dinner and whilst there was nothing wrong with it, it was a tough and large piece of meat. My colleague had the steak and was happy with her choice although she couldn't eat it all due to its size.
The drink selection was good and by the glass and I was happy to pay $120 for the two of us.
I'll be back.

Visited November 2013
“Great Bar”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I have never dined at The Provincial, but I have been in there for a few drinks every now and then.
The atmosphere is wonderful, and staff are great, and the décor is awesome. Very fun. Drinks are a good price, and I must say, that their food does some delicious. I am looking forward to visiting this place for food, I like to try new places and this one is on my list. Good job guys.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank MissXeneminie
Adelaide
“"Just OK" pizza plus wine”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I was pleased to find The Provincial open on a Sunday evening when much of Marine Terrace, Geraldton, was closed, so it scores good marks for that. At around 6pm I ordered a marinara pizza to take away and had a glass of red wine while I was waiting. The wine pour was generous and the shiraz was good. The pizza was disappointing: a too-soft and floppy base with a crust, when I was hoping for thin and crisp. The topping was mainly baby calamari, which were fine, but the rest of the seafood had swum away or escaped the chef in the kitchen. Hard to judge the atmosphere, except that the whole place was fairly dark and there were only four in-house guests, including two children. The only visible staff member was friendly, positive and helpful but was plainly under-employed and spent most of his time sitting in a leather lounge chatting to the guests, who seemed to be friends or mayb even the owners. Maybe business picks up later in the evening.

• Visited September 2013