“Daughters birthday Dinner ”
Review of Tides of Geraldton - CLOSED

Tides of Geraldton
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Open since 2006, well known restaurant. I was surprised it wasn't listed already; maybe because it is on a third floor and not highly visible from the street.
“Daughters birthday Dinner ”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Visited tides for my daughters birthday dinner !!!! Food was excellent, service brilliant , the chef visited us at our table and checked how our food was Great how pleasing it is to see the chef who cooks your meal visit you at your table !!!! Great !!!! Keep up the good work will definitely come back for sure excellent food excellent service very polite and helpful staff

2 Thank Tyrell Anton M

Adelaide, Australia
“Top of the Town?”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Ate here on a hot night. As usual for all places in Geraldton, the doors to the balcony were wide open, the airconditioning wouldn't cool a car during winter and we had two fans placed near our table so we could breathe. Other diners noticed this, but they were unlucky - they ran out of extension cords and powerpoints!
The menu was extensive, and offered a good variety. Our meals were well cooked, and serves were plentiful. Some of the dessert prices were extortionate, given that you could buy similar in a bakery for $5.
Staff were very helpful and friendly, but the decor was a bit dated, and please fix the airconditioning!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank teddles19
Geraldton, Australia
“Wonderful location and fabulous food!!”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Greeted and taken to our table on the balcony. Lovely view of the entire bay, sunset beautiful and it is lovely to see families and people along the foreshore walk. Friends on the table enjoyed a beautiful tapas plate which is great value. I had the ginger scallops which were plump and cooked to perfection, and the local octopus meal 'Abroccy' for my main was tender, lovely flavours and very substantial. Pavlova serving is huge and the Ferrero ice-cream also large and a winner.
Service was attentive and a great selection of wines and beer. You can see and taste the quality in the meal. Overall a great experience and we will be back!!!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jude D
Carnarvon, Australia
“Nice view & food.”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I took my wife here for a meal wanting to take her somewhere a little nicer. After some deliberation and asking around I went for Tides, as it was supposed to be fine dining. I must point out that this was the first place I had eaten out at since arriving in Geraldton.

This restaurant has two plus points. Firstly that you can see the Indian Ocean, although that is over some rooftops and secondly, that the food was excellent or at least my wife thought so.

What let it down, given that this was supposed to be a fine dining restaurant, is that the décor is looking a little tired, for me the atmosphere wasn't very good due the volume of noise and the service was also lacking for a fine dining restaurant. The waiters/ waitresses were not very attentive.

It terms of the food, it was excellent but there really isn't a great deal to chose from. I actually struggled to find something that I would like and pretty much had one meal to chose from, although it was nice. Where as my wife immediately decided on hers and thought the food was excellent.

Although the food was nice, I would point out that as a fine dining restaurant, the portions are very small and this is not the place to come if you are looking for an actual meal. Also, it is very pricey and your bill is likely to come to well over $100+.

I was a little disappointed with the overall experience for such an establishment and it didn't quite live up to what I was expecting. Despite the food, I don't think I will be returning any soon.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Markao
Perth, Australia
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

It was amazing. I had poached snapper in a coconut and fish sauce with ginger, coriander and lime leaf on rice. Stunning view of the sunset. Top notch service. I was on my own and couldn't have felt more welcome. Now enjoying unusually good espresso. In between couldn't resist lamington ice cream - house speciality. Will be back. Probably tomorrow.

• Visited January 2014