“It's okay :)”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My partner, 10 year old daughter and I went to Tantis for a birthday dinner after hearing good things about the restaurant.

I made a last minute booking and managed to get in at the time requested. We were however led to the '2nd Room' which had two large tables of people having a good time (not a BAD good time mind!). I wouldn't normally comment on this - but we were put at a table that was big enough for six people which meant that the three of us were sitting miles apart. There were empty tables in the other part that would have been more suitable.

I didn't realise on booking that it was BYO and once we had sat down and had the menu's given to us neither of us wanted to get in the car and go and get anything from the bottle stores. I didn't see a sign on the windows either - perhaps I overlooked it! The restaurant lacks atmosphere in my opinion.
Service was okay - no complaints there. Both girls that served us were polite and efficient.

My chicken satay's were lovely and I would have them again. My sweet and sour chicken - not the best I have ever had.
My other half had a soup (coconut based) which he said was great and a curry dish which was meant to be hot - but that was really mild. My daughter had a mild Masseman (spelling) curry and it was fab ...

I'm scoring it as average becuase I wasn't blown away by the experience - but they also didn't do anything 'wrong'.
Would we go there again - probably - but only with a group of people.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

A takeaway order was prompt, correct and delicious. I had asked whether the Massaman lamb would be mild, medium and hot and was assured it would be mild; and it was, with tender lamb pieces and spicy sauce. A chicken satay entree was equally tasty. Tantis cooks authentic Thai dishes which you can rely on. Dining room guests seemed well satisfied. Staff were friendly. Highly recommended.

1  Thank 646RichardP
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We enjoyed a very tasty meal here. Restuarant is BYO. The decor is pretty terrible, bright colors and a bit tacky but the service and meal was good. Do not accept a seat near the door as it was freezing every time it was opened, which was frequently.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We where looking for a nice vegetarian meal and found exactly what we where after at Tantis! Tasty food, fantastic fast service, cute decor and great atmosphere! There was only a small selection of vegetarian options but what they had was fresh and really tasty! Highly reccommend AAA+++

Reviewed 27 July 2013

We rolled up at Tantis on a busy night at a busy time. However a table was found and a complimentary basket of prawn crackers arrived while we searched through the comprehensive menu. The four of us shared our mains, and all four dishes were fresh and a great blend of flavours. Prices were reasonable and all four of us were happy with our evening out...so much so, we have booked to go again. I would definitely recommend trying Tantis.