All reviews great location complimentary drink voucher balcony room welcome drink nespresso machine hotel bar secure parking central location stay there again pleasant stay close to shops mini bar long weekend comfortable bed great room business trip hmas sydney
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had an overnight stay here on our way back to Perth.
Our room did not have a balcony or ocean view but was quite comfortable and clean.
The location is very good with restaurants in close walking distance. (the hotel offers breakfast only). As our car was loaded with our possessions, I appreciated the secure car parking.
There was a bit of noise from the establishment next door but this finished early and did not interfere with a good nights sleep. We were up and on the road early so I did not have an opportunity to eat breakfast in the hotel. I would be happy to stay here again.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great hotel - right on the waterfront with fantastic views. Very comfortable room with extra touches like proper coffee machine. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony and watching the world go by and watch the tugs take the ships out. And a glorious sunset!

Date of stay: June 2014
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 June 2014

First off, I have to say the a previous review by Joeywesteraustralia; although, correct I do agree with the hotel staff at the time. I was there and I remember you being not very happy with your outcome; however, having paid to stay there, I was not happy as I had to wait every morning for breakfast, so waiting for people who were not staying there would have compounded my irritation. That being said, more kitchen staff would have been a very sensible idea, bad management and not the poor waiting on staff's fault.

We booked in with Jamie, she has only worked at the hotel a short time; however, is a credit to that establishment, as between checking people in and out, was flitting back on fourth between bar and kitchen. She was there first thing in the morning and last thing at night during our stay and always with a beautiful smile. Her advice on local eateries was of great benefit and its always good to meet staff that go the extra mile. All the staff were good but Jamie stood out for me and this hotel would be nothing special at all without the likes of her.

We stayed in Room 313, having seen most rooms while the doors were open for cleaning as you walked by, we certainly had the largest on our floor in my opinion. It was well equipped with a small kitchen area, fridge/minibar with a nice variety and reasonable prices, tea making facilities and Nespresso machine to name but a few. No safe though, probably not a problem but i thought i'd add that for those that may require that info. The balcony was a nice size with excellent views of the bay and the comings and goings.

Room cleanliness was adequate, although we were unsure about some hair we found in the bathroom and although the main room was nice and modern, the kitchen and bathroom were looking tired.

Breakfast for me was a disappointment and as my favourite "Eggs Benedict" and its variations were on the menu, I was more than happy; however, they were a bit lacking in flavour and the eggs were obviously lower grade. I would put this down to over worked kitchen staff and corner cutting by management. We did however find a hair in one of our breakfasts one morning at the end of our meal, I am bald it was long and dark, while my parter is blonde. The waiting on staff were all very pleasant and helpful, the lengthy wait for breakfast was a little frustrating, especially for the residents.

Parking at the rear in a secure area was adequate and as long as you are proficient at moving your vehicle around in small areas you'd be ok, most drivers seemed to be pretty sensible.

Cons of room 313 are this: as you walk in there is a cupboard door that after one night you realise must house all the drainage and pump work for the upper floors, it was like sleeping in a submarine; while being at the end of the building, the expectation of less noise as you only have one neighbour would be acceptable, there is a Backpackers on the other side and while its not attached to the building, on Karaoke night it may as well have been! Thank heavens for 11pm. We are far from old and dead; however, after a full days exploring and the next day driving back to Perth while exploring more, the prospect of much more squealing to 80's rock would have finished us off. Glad I packed earplugs.

Room tip: Room 313 is very spacious but noisy due to pipes and possibly Backpackers next door.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at the Ocean Centre Hotel last weekend and really enjoyed our stay. The location is ideal for visiting town and doing some shopping as it's walking distance to shops. There are some great places to eat right around the corner as well. The staff is friendly and efficient and the rooms are clean. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Spent a couple of nights here for the long weekend. The location, right on the waterfront is as given. However what made it so special were the staff who were super friendly and went out of their way to be helpful, even to the point of driving us up to the HMAS Sydney memorial in case we got lost walking there!

Breakfast, is what made staying here great. The choice was wide and freshly cooked to order and served with a smile. Plus there was unlimited Nespresso type coffee to be had.

I would recommend staying here for the ocean views and breakfast alone. The rooms were fine, nothing special but that isn't the point, being able to sit out on the balcony watching the world go by was just lovely

Date of stay: May 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple