“Most impressed.”
Review of Ocean Centre Hotel

Ocean Centre Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Geraldton
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed three nights on a working holiday - the rooms were immaculate and a good size. We had an ocean view room - money well spent. We did also appreciate the proper coffee machine. There are no restaurants in the hotel, but there are plenty of cafes in walking distance. I would recommend Toppos on the Terrace - the ten dollar tasting plates are really good value. The hotel provided a good quality breakfast at quite a reasonable rate, freshly made, and very little waiting. The secure parking for the car was also appreciated. The room had a walk in wardrobe, and ample storage spaces. Given that part of the trip was business, a good sized work desk, and free Wi - Fi was also appreciated. The sunsets were glorious. We will certainly be back.

Room Tip: Spend the extra and get an ocean view room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I booked this Hotel as the name suggested Ocean Centre so the 4th Floor with views was mandatory. The Room was clean ( not just surface-cleaned) and well configured with good space.The bed comfortable but with so many places the pillows need to be looked at, and replaced more often. Out on the balcony I watched street traffic and wondered about the night life and how quiet a Saturday night would be with the baloney doors open. Some traffic noise and people talking did go till late but the waves on the little beach dampened that down. Summer nights may be a little different?Room service from a Hotel arrangement with a local Restaurant Topolinis (sic) was quick and easy and the food arrived on time and hot.Though there appeared to be a few Cafes around, not all were open, the winner with the best position on the waterfront was good old Dome. It was busy but the Sunset with coffee was lovely.The Hotel staff were polite and professional. I did not know that breakfast was included in my Room price so it was nice to be informed of that at Check-in. As a business or weekend stay I would definitely use this Hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had an overnight stay here on our way back to Perth.
Our room did not have a balcony or ocean view but was quite comfortable and clean.
The location is very good with restaurants in close walking distance. (the hotel offers breakfast only). As our car was loaded with our possessions, I appreciated the secure car parking.
There was a bit of noise from the establishment next door but this finished early and did not interfere with a good nights sleep. We were up and on the road early so I did not have an opportunity to eat breakfast in the hotel. I would be happy to stay here again.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great hotel - right on the waterfront with fantastic views. Very comfortable room with extra touches like proper coffee machine. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony and watching the world go by and watch the tugs take the ships out. And a glorious sunset!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

First off, I have to say the a previous review by Joeywesteraustralia; although, correct I do agree with the hotel staff at the time. I was there and I remember you being not very happy with your outcome; however, having paid to stay there, I was not happy as I had to wait every morning for breakfast, so waiting for people who were not staying there would have compounded my irritation. That being said, more kitchen staff would have been a very sensible idea, bad management and not the poor waiting on staff's fault.

We booked in with Jamie, she has only worked at the hotel a short time; however, is a credit to that establishment, as between checking people in and out, was flitting back on fourth between bar and kitchen. She was there first thing in the morning and last thing at night during our stay and always with a beautiful smile. Her advice on local eateries was of great benefit and its always good to meet staff that go the extra mile. All the staff were good but Jamie stood out for me and this hotel would be nothing special at all without the likes of her.

We stayed in Room 313, having seen most rooms while the doors were open for cleaning as you walked by, we certainly had the largest on our floor in my opinion. It was well equipped with a small kitchen area, fridge/minibar with a nice variety and reasonable prices, tea making facilities and Nespresso machine to name but a few. No safe though, probably not a problem but i thought i'd add that for those that may require that info. The balcony was a nice size with excellent views of the bay and the comings and goings.

Room cleanliness was adequate, although we were unsure about some hair we found in the bathroom and although the main room was nice and modern, the kitchen and bathroom were looking tired.

Breakfast for me was a disappointment and as my favourite "Eggs Benedict" and its variations were on the menu, I was more than happy; however, they were a bit lacking in flavour and the eggs were obviously lower grade. I would put this down to over worked kitchen staff and corner cutting by management. We did however find a hair in one of our breakfasts one morning at the end of our meal, I am bald it was long and dark, while my parter is blonde. The waiting on staff were all very pleasant and helpful, the lengthy wait for breakfast was a little frustrating, especially for the residents.

Parking at the rear in a secure area was adequate and as long as you are proficient at moving your vehicle around in small areas you'd be ok, most drivers seemed to be pretty sensible.

Cons of room 313 are this: as you walk in there is a cupboard door that after one night you realise must house all the drainage and pump work for the upper floors, it was like sleeping in a submarine; while being at the end of the building, the expectation of less noise as you only have one neighbour would be acceptable, there is a Backpackers on the other side and while its not attached to the building, on Karaoke night it may as well have been! Thank heavens for 11pm. We are far from old and dead; however, after a full days exploring and the next day driving back to Perth while exploring more, the prospect of much more squealing to 80's rock would have finished us off. Glad I packed earplugs.

Room Tip: Room 313 is very spacious but noisy due to pipes and possibly Backpackers next door.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at the Ocean Centre Hotel last weekend and really enjoyed our stay. The location is ideal for visiting town and doing some shopping as it's walking distance to shops. There are some great places to eat right around the corner as well. The staff is friendly and efficient and the rooms are clean. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Spent a couple of nights here for the long weekend. The location, right on the waterfront is as given. However what made it so special were the staff who were super friendly and went out of their way to be helpful, even to the point of driving us up to the HMAS Sydney memorial in case we got lost walking there!

Breakfast, is what made staying here great. The choice was wide and freshly cooked to order and served with a smile. Plus there was unlimited Nespresso type coffee to be had.

I would recommend staying here for the ocean views and breakfast alone. The rooms were fine, nothing special but that isn't the point, being able to sit out on the balcony watching the world go by was just lovely

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple