“No other choice”

Rydges Kalgoorlie Resort and Spa
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I travel to Kalgoorlie for work at least once a year for work, and have never considered staying anywhere except the Rydges. Yes, it may be on the pricier side, but it is worth the extra money you spend.

Location – Located in Boulder, you will require a hire car if you are to stay at the Rydges, because it is a bit far away from the town centre. There is plenty of parking available at the hotel at no extra cost.

Rooms – large and well furnished. Rooms also have microwaves and basic crockery/cutlery, iron, hair dryer, mini bar etc. Bathrooms are a delight.

Dining – the in-house restaurant is good, albeit expensive (portions are huge though – so don’t over order). Room service menu is basic. Breakfast spread is good (and there is a room service breakfast menu as well).

Service – efficient and effortless

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
EdwardTKBrennan, General Manager at Rydges Kalgoorlie Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Ooods11,

Thank you for your feedback, I am please that you enjoy your stay here and hope that you continue to travel to Kal and stay with us.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I booked based on recommendation and brand. I was disappointed, The service at front desk was of low standard and no real welcome. Room was great, large and well maintained. The pool area was full of very loud and drunk people, when asked for support from the Hotel staff we were ignored and the loud 'party' continued all afternoon and early evening - spoiling everyone use of the area. I would not stay at this Hotel again.

Room Tip: find a Hotel that makes you feel welcome
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Trip12363

Dear Trip12363,

It is disappointing that we failed to provide to your expectations. Leading up to Christmas, we do have a demand for Christmas 'Cheer' Functions which can get noisy, and we do try to manage them as best as possible.

It is pleasing you enjoyed your room and I do hope that after the new year, if travelling to Kalgoorlie, you would give us the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have stayed at Rydges Kalgoorlie on a regular basis now for nearly 5 years. The accommodation is exceptional and the staff both at reception and in the bar/restaurant are second to none. If you are going to stay in Kalgoorlie this is the only place to stay. Can highly recommend

1  Thank TJH008

Dear TJH008,

Thank you for you comments, and I will be sure to pass on to the team. As an FYI - we now have free WIFI in the entire resort!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I now stay here a lot on business as in my opinion it's probably the best place to stay in Kal. It's reasonably expensive compared to some of the other hotels in town and it's a long way from the town centre, but from a business point of view you just want a good room, bar and restaurant. The rooms a reasonably big and the beds quiet comfortable. Their is secure parking at the back and if you can get a room backing onto that car park do so. The breakfast here are very good.

2  Thank Kim R

Dear KimrPerth,

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, and indeed Maree's breakfast.

I do hope you return soon for business and take advantage of our newly installed free WIFI and LCD HD Sony Bravia TVs !

Sincerely

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The accom here has always been excellent. But this time a friend and I wanted to have a celebratory evening meal. My friend ordered the Wagyu steak ($52) for special dietary reasons - explaining why to the staff. We were both served the standard fillet which was quite chewy in parts and impossible for him to finish. The staff offered to change it, but we would have had to wait for another steak to be cooked.

Overall the meal, at $132 for two people incl wine, was very poor value. We pointed out the impact of the mistake when settling the bill, hoping it would assist the restaurant to understand the importance of observing dietary issues. We didn't expect a discount but I was a bit surprised that the apology was a relatively blank 'sorry about that'. It devalued our evening.

Room Tip: Definitely stay at the hotel, but be think twice about the restaurant
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TrevorPerthAustralia
EdwardTKBrennan, General Manager at Rydges Kalgoorlie Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear TrevorPerthAustralia,

I am pleased that you enjoyed the facilities and resort when you have stayed. Concerning is that you did not get what you ordered in the restaurant as obviously you should have. I will certainly address this with the team and provide some training on how to handle a) dietary issues and b) mistakes.

When you are in town next, please let me know and I would like to look after you for dinner.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed overnight at Rydges Kalgoorlie on business. I was in an upstairs room facing the street. I was concerned that there may be some disturbing street noise overnight but it was very quiet. The bedroom and bathroom were both spacious. The bathroom had a really large shower cubicle and a spa bath. The room had a bit of a musty smell when I first entered but it disappeared once the air conditioning had been on for a few minutes.

The resort grounds are nicely done with lots of small trees & shrubs and lots of birds around. There's a fairly large indoor/outdoor swimming pool. The restaurant is reasonable though a tad expensive.

By car/taxi Rydges is a few minutes south of the main town centre.

Dear TonestarWA,

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the resort peaceful and relaxing. The grounds certainly do create a feel of an oasis in the desert!

I do hope you will return again soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

The rooms are the best hotel/motel rooms I have stayed in. The bathrooms are huge and well appointed. The bed comfortable. The trees planted outside the rooms encouraged the birds, so we woke up to birdsong. Everything about this stay was wonderful. When my husband left his $500 shoe inserts behind and we called later that day (by that time we were in Perth), the person at reception (Kayla? sorry if I misspelled the name), retrieved them, wrapped the stinky things and sent them onto us. I was enourmously thankful for the above and beyond service.

Great rooms. Great location. Good parking. The pictures don't do it justice. Also, if you join the Rydges Club (free) you can get a discount on the food/rates.

Room Tip: I would ask for ground floor as I did. The stairs might be tricky if you have heavy bags.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
EdwardTKBrennan, General Manager at Rydges Kalgoorlie Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Nicola B,

It;s great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff were able to assist you with your forgotten items. we strive to provide the best possible service where we can so I will certainly pass this on to the team