“Unbelievable”

The View On Hannans
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We checked in on friday,booked for 3 nights. Got to the standard appartment and it was really hot inside. Turned on the airconditioner and it didnt really cool just moved the warm air around. I rang reception, whilst the lady was helpful she said that the aircon takes a while. We were travelling with a 6 month old who wouldnt settle as it was so hot to the point that I borrowed a fan of some friends who live in Kal. When we turned the lights down the cockroaches then put in an appearance, the final straw being when one ran over our sons face. I complained to reception and although sympathetic, they offered us a 2 storey appartment but the aircon really wasnt much better and by then my wife refused to stay any longrer so at 9.30pm (2 1/2hrs) we left for another hotel. I think that a) having lived in Kalgoorlie for 5 years the aircon units are too small for the area you are asking them to cool bearing in mind that there is a shower in the room b) you need to claen under the stove or fumigate the units as this is where the roaches were coming from. Would I reccomend the hotel, no probably not unless you are a miner, there are better places to stay for similar money.Gary W

Room Tip: Try a different motel?
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank ap0706
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Dear ap0706,,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay.

I am glad you found our front desk staff helpful and I am very sorry to hear about your room experience.

Your communication with our front desk staff helped us to identify an inspect problem in your original room and we have successfully implemented a pest control program in order to address this issue and achieve the high levels of cleanliness that we strive for.

I have also worked closely with our maintenance staff to ensure that our all of our reverse cycle air-conditioners are working efficiently and we have installed new units in several of the rooms.

Regards,
William Brooks

Reviewed 18 January 2012

Great site, facilities, quiet airconditioner, clean comfy and affordable. fantastic that they provide longer accomm for folks new to town for work - To be commended ! Disabled/elderly just be aware that some rooms ? dont know if all are beds upstairs over loung/kitchen/toilet downstairs...

Room Tip: Disabled/elderly -make sure to ask for sinlge level room - ours was upstairs beds over lounge/kitche...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I stayed for 2 nights at the View on Hannams. When I visited Kalgoorlie there was a shortage of accommodation and I was travelling on my own. As a result there wasn't a huge choice. The room in View on Hannams was therefore a bit on the expensive side for a single occupant but obviously it would have been much more economic if fully used, there were 3 beds. The Blue Monkey restaurant next door is very good. My only final point is that the website states that there is access to a swimming pool. This is true but it is 6 Ks away which doesn't help if you are travelling, as i was, by public transport and without your own wheels.

The room amenities are good, the bed was comfortable and overall the experience was pretty good.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank NiallMacgregor
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We stayed in an Executive Apartment - (http://www.theviewonhannans.com.au/executive-apartment). We originally looked up an onsite cabin at the caravan parks @ around $150 p/n. So for $197 p/n this was better value to have a bit more room, that said it was still smaller than where we stayed in Epserance (& that was $180 p/night). Also wasn't willing to pay $280ish for the Rydges apartments.
Neat and clean enough, steep wooden slat stairs to the loft if you have young kids. Beds comfortable, but double, not queen for the adults. We all fit well enough but no privacy for Mum & Dad if required :-)
Didn't realise at time of booking but the hotel backs on to the 'properties' on the (in)famous Hay Street, however we did not hear or see anything to give us any concern about those facilities.
Outside of the apartments seemed very clean and neat, cleaning staff friendly (Interacted more with them then the front desk).

Room Tip: The Business Class Rooms appear much more modern on the web, but they were more expensive than the E...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Jason C
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Stayed in self-contained apartment style room which I found very well appointed, clean and comfortable. The bed was on a mezzanine and living area below was quite spacious. Room has everything you need, and I can defintely recommend the Blue Monkey restaurant next door - does fantastic room service meals. Check-in was no hassle, service friendly. Kalgoorlie is an awesome town; many attractions and history which you will enjoy exploring.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank libertydb
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed in a new business class room and was very happy with our room. It had new furniture, the room was spotless and comfortable but very small.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Woodsie069
Reviewed 19 May 2011

I booked one night in an "Executive Apartment" for my husband and I and adult son, en route to Perth. I booked on Wotif, based on what I could see online. It cost us $189 for the night for what turned out to be the tiniest, most cramped "apartment" ever. Old brickface interior walls, curtains hanging off their rods in places, furniture that was grubby and so on.

The good things: Friendly, efficient reception staff, clean linen (though one towel folded on the bed was very damp...), and the Blue Monkey restaurant serves a mean Eggs Benedict for breakfast and the waitress was lovely. Oh, good coffee too.
But really... Executive Apartment? I don't think so.

We booked for the next two nights in Kalgoorlie at the historic Palace Hotel, which was absolutely lovely and central, and cheaper too. Just about to do a review on that one.

• Stayed: May 2011