“A clean motel in Margaret River but not a "lovely" place”

Vintages Accommodation
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Margaret River
Paris, France
“A clean motel in Margaret River but not a "lovely" place”
Reviewed 26 February 2010

I booked at Vintages Accomodations after reading so many positives revues on Tripadvisor. I have to admit that I was a little bit disapointed... It's a clean motel, near the main street of Margaret River, the room are dark, the table outside was facing the parking and there is nothing really attractive to me.. I have nothing against motels, but I was expecting something different, more typical, and quieter. Maybe you should add the word MOTEL at the name so everyone would know exactly about the type of hotel. For the same price we booked later on an appartment in Redgate Farmstay and we were really happy with the australian spirit + the quiet + the birds end kangoroos around us. Again, I have nothing against Motels, as long as I know what to expect so I can choose the hotel the most appropriate according to my trip ! No wifi, no breakfeast room, no restaurant, no gym, parking right at your door.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Sophie6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Northamptonshire, UK
Reviewed 27 January 2010

Thanks Glennys for such a great experience at your immaculate accommodation. A credit to you all. No one could have been more welcoming. Your maps and recommendations for eating out were brilliant. We had the best steak ever at Goodfellas.
The room was immaculate, bed very comfortable. Perfect two days in the area. Loved the Margaret River Museli so much we went and bought some more to take to our daughter in Sydney.
We wish you continued success. You are doing a great job. Many thanks.
Give Ewock a pat for us.

Geoff & Sue Anderson.
Northamptonshire U.K

Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
glenysMargaretRiver, Owner at Vintages Accommodation, responded to this review, 2 February 2010
Thank you for your very kind comments, I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us in Margaret River.

Poor Ewok has had his nose pushed out as my new baby granddaughter has arrived for a short visit.

Take care
Glenys
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 January 2010

We had a lovely stay at Vintages. As soon as we checked in, Ray gave us a local map and highlighted all of his favourite places. We did not make it to all of them, but those that were tried were great. Ray and Glenys made themselves available to answer our questions during our stay, simply when we popped into reception.

We found the price of a triple room very reasonable, although small for three adults. The rooms were well outfitted with a cutting board, plates, cutlery and a cheese knife, wine glasses and a fridge so that we could enjoy all of the local goodies we picked up along the way. There was a small private patio at the back, and additional seating in the open-air 'hallway' at the front of the motel.

Convenient location and an easy walk down to the main street.

• Stayed January 2010
London, England
Reviewed 8 January 2010

Located in a side street off the main road through Margaret River this motel type accomodation is a very pleasant place to stay after a day driving round the wineries in the region. Room was spacious & clean and decorated in a homely style. The owners are friendly & helpful with lots of information on places to visit. We chose to borrow one of their many DVD's our first night there and stay in with some deli food from the nearby well stocked supermarket. Our second night we ate in the nearby pub where the service was slow but the food was good when it arrived.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Chase
Reviewed 21 December 2009

The start of my trip to Perth wasn't too good, we cant get our rental car due our carelessness. We were supposed to check into Vintages on 14 Dec but due to delay in getting the car, we need to postpone our check in date. I called the hotel and a very friendly lady answered and without hesitation she agreed to push back my check in date to 15 Dec without any extra charges. We even recommand that we take a bigger suite for my family of 4. When we arrived on 15, she was waiting for us and made us feel so welcome. We had a wonderful stay in her hotel and has recommanded it our relatives staying in Perth. I am definitely going to recommand it to all my friends planning to visit Margaret River.
Cheers to the wonderful lady who made my stay so memorable.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
glenysMargaretRiver, Owner at Vintages Accommodation, responded to this review, 22 December 2009
Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. As you said, sometimes things out of our control happen and our plans have to change, where possible we always try and assist our guests, not make things more difficult. A holiday is suppose to be fun and relaxing.

You are the first to post some photo's onto our page - they are appreciated.

Hope to see you again
Merry Christmas - Glenys
Buxton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2009

We were here for four nights. Our accomodation was shown as Fully Self Contained Family unit. We found it clean and comfortable. Very central for the town of Margaret River - an easy walk to bars, restaurants and shops. Staff were pleasant and helpful - this is the only place we have been thanked by the cleaning staff for keeping the place tidy!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Gold Coast
Reviewed 28 November 2009

My Wife and I chose this hotel after ready some reviews online. Must say we were not disappointed and the little research we did paid off.

Location is perfect with only a very short walk into the centre of town. We were greeted my Glenys (not sure if she was the owner or not) She took time out to go through the sites and places to see in Margaret River and did not just do the transaction and rush us along. Very friendly staff. The room was very clean. We got the room with the spa, the spa looked brand new.

We were only booked for two nights, but decided to stay another. The room was unfortunately booked, but they managed to book us in another room, again great service this time Ray went out of his way to help us.

The one last thing I can highly recommend is take the Chevy to one of the wineries. Glenys drove us and picked us up again..... so much fun.

Great job to the owners and staff, you can expect me back as soon as I can get time off work again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple